Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are there many jewellery makers on here?

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean about all the pretty beads available, I'm waiting on quite a few I've bought from China, they say they're swarovski crystal but at the price with free postage I'm not expecting swarovski I'm just expecting some pretty faceted glass beads, I thought making jewellery was going to be a fairly cheap craft but there are just so many pretty beads and I NEED lots of them in lots of different colours.
    "Many will walk in and out of your life,
    But only true friends will leave paw prints in your heart."

Those who believe a dog has no soul have never looked in the eyes of a German Shepherd.

Post Thanks / Like

I have just discovered jewellery making. After seeing some of my card making efforts at work a colleague thought I might be interested in the jewellery making channel on T.V. Well that was a few weeks ago and like the card making and papercraft shows I now can't get enough. Haven't actually made anything yet but have started to buy findings, beads, wire etc from ebay. Watched a program today on Jewellery Maker on bead making with clay. Wow was so impressed. Will definately be trying that (when I get some clay of course).
    Anyone else made any beads?

Oh just found a prevous thread about Polymer clay beads. Off to search google now.
    Last edited by DoreenM; 29-08-2011 at 10:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

doreenM ....ive done just what youve done..found that channel & now cant get enough..they did the melt pot too the other day & liz welch was on. picked up a few tips.I would love to find a cheapish book on the chain maille.......anyboby know .cheap enough on ebay from the states its the postage that makes them dearer.

Post Thanks / Like

I am guilty of buying the pretty beads but not actually making anything! Am hooked on Jewellery maker and have bought quite a bit of melt pot stuff from there as the specials they do are really good value Love theire one postage charge per day Need to stop buying and actually start making lol
    I have sold a couple of melt pot pieces though and actually made a bit of money which is always good

Post Thanks / Like

love Jewellery maker. It was Suban that told me about the channel.

I had 72 strands of gemstones delivered yesterday from there :)

Post Thanks / Like

Love the Jewellery Maker channel we watch that most of the time. On Bank Holiday Monday they have friendly plastic design in the morning, so will be taping the 4 hours.
    I'm only just learning and have just made a pair of drop earrings with a little bit of wire work (learning that too)
    Been getting the beads from work (hobbycraft) as they have some in the sale for £2 a box, so okay to play with. Once I get okay with beading I want some Labradorite and Moonstone from JM.......

Post Thanks / Like

I have been jewellery making on and off for a while, mostly earings with sterling silver wires n swaovski beads off auction site, recently had a go at kumihimo n shambala bracelets very therapeutic n satisfying. Would be great for a thread o jewellery.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I love, love, love jewellery making (or rather, shopping for jewellery making stuff). Is the Jewellery making channel on Freeview?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    I love, love, love jewellery making (or rather, shopping for jewellery making stuff). Is the Jewellery making channel on Freeview?
    Hi sam.....yes they are on freeview..i'll pop off & get the No for you & anyone else too..
    here you go......will help the virgin people too...BE aware im already addicted to it after only 2 showings .
    h Today's Show
    We also have our own Live TV channel on SKY 655, Virgin 756, Freesat 807 and Freeview 43.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

They're on 9 till 1 each day - I too love the postage policy and delivery times are really good. Hayley West sometimes demonstrates on it. Jewellery making buying can be really addictive! Fimo makes great beads! OMG just remembered - I've got a beading loom stashed away somewhere - not used yet!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515: