Thread: My first mini workshop!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My first mini workshop!!

I hope this is OK to put in this section!! A couple of weeks ago, I ran my first workshop, and wanted to share with you what I did. I hope that's OK - and this is the right place!!

This came about through a friend of a friend, whose mum runs a group called Chatterbox Ladies Club. They support local businesses, and asked if I would take my cards along, do a bit of demonstrating and get the ladies involved. It was a lovely evening, with great company - with a variety of crafts available for the ladies to try.

These are the two cards I made with them - the first is teabag folding, and the second (which I prepped as a backup - good job really) was a very simple, quick card also using paper folding!! These are they - pop over to the blog if you want more details!!

mini 1.jpg mini 2.jpg

Cxx
    Design Team Member for Crafty Cardmakers
    Feel free to visit my blog.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Carole - is this the start of something you would like to do? Having done a bit with the U3A group last year I know you will have had to put in quite a bit of prep and I am sure your ladies will have enjoyed the experience and had two lovely cards to take home.
    Think this links to my Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/chucklemouse/

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks GP - yes it was a lot of prep - but as a teacher, that's nothing new!!! I did enjoy it once my hands stopped shaking - and some of the ladies were trying to convince me to set up a craft club. I would like to do more, but as I'm trying to get myself back into classroom teaching after 7 years of environmental education in the outdoors, it's not something I necessarily want to do immediately!! Cxx

Post Thanks / Like

The lucky attendees must have been thrilled with what you helped them make!!
    Scrappy Soo - my paper, ink and all things glittery blog
    Things Soo Likes - my knitting blog

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done Carole

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, well done. They are lovely cards and I'm sure that the ladies all enjoyed themselves x

eyeful Guest

Lovely cards Carole, bet you were thrilled with the response x

Post Thanks / Like

well done; and I love the cards; very effective :up:

Post Thanks / Like

Well done indeed - it's hard work running a workshop and your cards look really good.

I run some of the meetings of the monthly craft club I belong to - there are three of us who take it in turns to provide a project for the ladies to get stuck into and the stress involved in getting all the kits ready is amazing!! I'm not a natural teacher - so I end up really getting paranoid that everyone is coping ok. Add to that the fact that we have wildly varying skill levels, so anything we prep has to be multi level. It's important for beginners to feel they have achieved something, and the more experienced to feel challenged. It's not easy...

Post Thanks / Like

Even as an experienced teacher, I was worried too. Dealing with adults is very different from dealing with children. I agree that the preparation is a bit of a nightmare - and I wasn't even working with that many ladies!! Cxx