Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bishop Burton East Yorkshire Saturday 29th October -? Oakhouse Studios

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bishop Burton East Yorkshire Saturday 29th October -? Oakhouse Studios

Hope this is in the right place.

Just to publicise the above event which is taking place at Lynnda's studios at Bishop Burton in aid of Breast Cancer. £1 gets you a cuppa and a bun, £5 gets you a project. All monies raised goes to Breast Cancer. What a lovely way to raise money for a deserving cause.

Lynnda was the lady on C&C who did the wonderful Clematis stamps.

Sorry if the name isn't right - brain running on fumes tonight I think!

I'm going and really looking forward to it, a whole studio full of crafty folk.
    :heart:

Post Thanks / Like

Oh I would have loved that Muffin but I'm going "home" tomoro, back to Lancashire that is, i've lived over here 23 years but Lancashire will always be home wherever i am in the world!! If they have anymore of these craft events can you post it up Muffin it be nice day out for lots of crafters from East Yorkshire and not too far to go either. Thanks tho,

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I had known about this sooner - have today promised daughter I will go out shopping with her tomorrow as she has spent the day in hospital today having all sorts of tests. Mind you, would probably still have gone with her tomorrow and forgone my crafting, avid crafter I may be but when it comes to my daughters they always come first.

Jacksmissis - I know what you mean about home, even after I became a mum when I was living in Middlesex I would always say I was going home when I visited Yorkshire. As my friends used to say to me you can take the girl out of Yorkshire but you cant take the Yorkshire out of the girl. The Yorkshire won and I moved back home lol.

Muffin if you are heading there tomorrow you cant be too far away from little old me lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi,

I've just got back and it was a fab couple of hours. We took the wrong road of course but got there in the end. Lynnda made us feel really welcome (especially my non-crafting friend) and gave us some crafty stuff to play with. :heart:

I must have learnt about three new techniques as we used chalk pastels and ink which gives a fantastic effect. I used some Tim Holtz distressed pads which I've always been wary of only because there seems to be so much stuff under his name I don't know where to start. I'm a fan now as the effect they give is fantastic.
    :heart:

Of course the shelves were a bit shaky and some pastels and a lovely stamp fell off and I had to catch them didn't I? :thinking:

All in all a lovely morning.

Post Thanks / Like

does anyone know if there are any other class there, or how to get hold of them

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bobby's Girl,

Funnily enough I had an email today from Lynnda with a list of planned classes. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give a direct link the site you want is vip stamping co uk and her classes are listed on there. She has another Pink Ribbon day in May coming up although I don't know whether I will be able to make that one. She sells stuff from her workshop and has some lovely stamps and things. I purchased some stamps from her after seeing her on C&C a couple of years ago and met her in person once at her workshop. She isn't a personal friend so I'm not endorsing her because of that; it's just nice to have something professionally crafty in East Yorkshire.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh wow didn't know this existed in my area!

Will have to investigate and see if I can do some classes.

How exciting!!! Didn't think there was anything crafty like surrounding Hull!

Post Thanks / Like

I've been up to Oak House Studios at Bishop Burton and had a great time - learnt a lot and bought some stamps too. Browsing the web I see classes and summer school are listed on vip-stamping.co.uk if you're interested. Off to check it out!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's nice to have something crafty in this area isn't it? Lynnda got us using pastels on some tags with Sir Tim inks. I'm looking at the tags now and remembering how scary it was to use a new medium (ooh that sounded professional!). There were some really good crafters on the day and it was a good couple of hours with a good teacher who makes you feel relaxed.

Post Thanks / Like

Will have to check this out and see if there is any way to get there by public transport from sleepy hollow as Im a non driver and I think its a little far for this almost 50 year old to attempt on the cycle. Gone are my days of biking to York on a Sunday cos thats where my latest squeeze lived and I wanted to spend the day with him lol.