Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crafting in Gingerbread

Post Thanks / Like

What a lovely tradition (I can just imagine the kiddies faces as they anxiously wait for the "taste time"............or should I say "demolition cake time"??). The cake looks fabulous and you are sooooooooooo talented (I often take a peek at your blog).
    Thanks for sharing and have a "Merry Christmas" to you and your friends and their children, love Heather.x

craftycat Guest

I remember making a gingerbread house for my DD's birthday cake one year. The recipe book ( a lovely Marks and Spencer one) has long gone. Fell to pieces from over use. When I googled "gingerbread house" I was amazed at the number of books of designs. Mostly American.

Post Thanks / Like

You all must have the most amazing time making this....what a brilliant tradition...and such fun! Thank you for sharing. MERRY CHRISTMAS!! :)

Post Thanks / Like

Only jsut cathing up on psots,
    Must say that creation is fantastic,it's such a shame more peole around the country do not try something like that to bring communities together. would be a lovely school project too, can you imagine a whole school contributing to something like that,maybe when My daughter changes her school she could suggest it, as I am affraid where she works now,most of the children and parents would not be interested.
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

How wonderful to get all ages together to make something like this. A good memory for the kids and the adults being able to pass skills on.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks LJ and Muffintop -- it is such fun and a lot easier than people think. It's amazing how much colourful sweets make anything look fab! :)
    Scrappy Soo - my paper, ink and all things glittery blog
    Things Soo Likes - my knitting blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SooG View Post
    Every year my friends and I make a Gingerbread House and yesterday was this year's event. It was our 20th anniversary so in honour of the even my god daughter and I made this banner.

There were 10 of us this year - 4 kids, 6 adults. It's always a really fun, sing-y, laughing, sugary day and is the start of Christmas for me. We decided on a Who-ville theme (an animated version of 'How the Grinch Stole Christmas' features heavily in our Gingerbread House tradition) - and I think our efforts make a pretty funky colourful centre piece!

There are more photos on the blog! Thanks for looking.
    Here's the 2011 beauty Roz
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

That's fab!
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Tiz brilliant, I'm liiking forward to what you make this year. ;)

The gingerbread men and houses I make are calorie free as they are made from felt! :)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

They are amazing. What a fantastic idea, I bet you laughed from start to finish.