Thread: Which is the best inkpad when using watercolours ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Which is the best inkpad when using watercolours ?

Just a quickie !

Which inkpads do you think are best if I want to then colour wash over a stamped area ?

MTIA

Post Thanks / Like

I use stazon or versafine as they dont smudge when watercoloured

Anne Guest

Yep, I would Stazon is the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

I asked this on here ages ago & was advised for versafine or stazon...Or maybe clear embossing?
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you lovely ladies, just had a go with a Stazon, god smelt lovely, just like marzipan, not our Marzipan, I have never met her :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Thank you lovely ladies, just had a go with a Stazon, god smelt lovely, just like marzipan, not our Marzipan, I have never met her :p
    lol thats really funny you should say that Julie, Marzipan always says the same thing whenever we use stayzon :D

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmm obviously you didn't read the warnings Julie... your not supposed to sniff your stazon :p. I must admit tho I do like the almondy scent.

BTW Archival ink is also good for watercolouring as it is another permanent ink. I also like using a gray ink rather than black for more "pencil drawn" look - depends on what the stamp is.

One thing I did learn the hard way tho... Versafine is no use with Prismacolour pencils, the oil in the ink reacts with the pencil and it starts to smear into the colour when you get close up to your stamped outline.

Post Thanks / Like

Its not just me!!! i love them smell of the stazon if i could i would take the lid off and smell it but that might make me a bit more insane than i already am!!!