Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone know where I can buy ...

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemera View Post
    These sound very interesting, would love to see what they look like when finished. I think Bev Rochester had some decorated eggs on her blog just before Christmas (oops sorry C word again) I get that feeling quite a lot GP, you have a sort of idea in your head and then panic sets in that it won't turn out quite as well as you'd imagined, and it puts you off starting it.

XX
    Or you do start it and it really doesn't look as good as it did in your head and you tell yourself off for even thinking you could do it in the first place. Happens to me a lot!

Post Thanks / Like

I like the idea jr77 but sadly (I wish I could explain) it doesn't work like that. I just have to keep going and I will get there.

I really liked the material ones too Lobby but they were polystyrene - I might have a go at those nearer to the next C time. There is some wonderful fabric around although, if I am not careful I will have as big a stash of material as I do paper.

It is panic Ephemera but I am determined to get past it. Actually a trip to your lovely blog for some inspiration might well help! I just wish someone locally ran a short class because that would get me past the first bit but sadly it's gone very out of fashion and either I am very behind the times or at the beginning of a new wave. I wonder if it has actually been absorbed into altered art.
    Think this links to my Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/chucklemouse/

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoobyLou View Post
    Do you all remember when Princess Pinflair used to demonstrate those eggs, teddies, balls etc. that she stuck pins all over and turned into decorations? I can remember thinking it looked like a lot of hardwork, lol. Not so long ago there was a lady on CC demonstrating pushing fabric into eggs and making decorative items too. I would have liked to have a go at that but like GrannyP couldn't find the equipment.

My daughters had these years before they were on Create and Craft, one did a teddy bear and one a cat and blow me I am sure I still have them somewhere in the house. They took them absolutely hours and it was bliss as they were totally absorbed in getting them just right. At the time they were only about 6 or 7 years old, I can just see them being aimed at that age group now - Health and Safety would have a seizure at 6 and 7 year olds sticking sharp pins into a polystyrene shape even with adult supervision lol.

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

How true Morgana. But then it's a wonder my generation survived into adulthood as we used to do such daring things, like actually going out of the house and getting excercise!