Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone know where I can buy ...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Does anyone know where I can buy ...

papier mache egg to decoupage? I'm having any success!
    Think this links to my Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/chucklemouse/

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Found some here:

http://www.littlecraftybugs.co.uk/li...ubxgroupid=628

Darice make some but I couldn't find a uk stockist
    Janet
    'Misspent youth, overspent middle age'

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you both so much. Those are the ones I need jr77. They also have baubles and the eggs where going to be a dry (or sticky in this case) run so I can do baubles for Christmas (sorry to mention the C word).

Post Thanks / Like

Shame on you GP! Isuppose I have to forgive you as Graham has left the Christmas emoticons up.
    Janet

Post Thanks / Like

I just make my own with balloons, newspaper and wallpaper paste lol - not that Im a cheapskate in any way shape or form.

Post Thanks / Like

You're not Morgana but I could see all that taking much more time than the decoupage I am having one of my sadly all to usual problems with the decoupage in that I have some blanks (a tray, waste paper basket and a couple of boxes) I have papers, glue, etc., but I am frozen when it comes to getting started. I even know that fear of not being perfect stops many people learning new things but I am really stuck. I am hoping the eggs (being very small and less significant) may break the spell. I also like working on small things so I hope I can grow from small to larger. I am really taken with Victorian decoupage and just need to break the spell.

Post Thanks / Like

Why don't you start with something that doesn't matter? I cover boxes that things have been posted in or chocolate boxes etc if they are a useful shape and reasonably strong. The decoupage adds strength and covers up horrible labels dents etc. Mulberry paper is excellent to use as it remains strong if you over wet it and you can cut shapes in contrasting colours and they sort of blend together. It also looks fine matt so it doesn't need a varnish (the PVA gives it enough finish). That would be a good starting point and after that I'm sure you wil have got over your 'first time' nerves. You can experiment with different adhesives that way too and find the mix that you prefer working with.
    Janet

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you all remember when Princess Pinflair used to demonstrate those eggs, teddies, balls etc. that she stuck pins all over and turned into decorations? I can remember thinking it looked like a lot of hardwork, lol. Not so long ago there was a lady on CC demonstrating pushing fabric into eggs and making decorative items too. I would have liked to have a go at that but like GrannyP couldn't find the equipment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Penny View Post
    You're not Morgana but I could see all that taking much more time than the decoupage I am having one of my sadly all to usual problems with the decoupage in that I have some blanks (a tray, waste paper basket and a couple of boxes) I have papers, glue, etc., but I am frozen when it comes to getting started. I even know that fear of not being perfect stops many people learning new things but I am really stuck. I am hoping the eggs (being very small and less significant) may break the spell. I also like working on small things so I hope I can grow from small to larger. I am really taken with Victorian decoupage and just need to break the spell.
    These sound very interesting, would love to see what they look like when finished. I think Bev Rochester had some decorated eggs on her blog just before Christmas (oops sorry C word again) I get that feeling quite a lot GP, you have a sort of idea in your head and then panic sets in that it won't turn out quite as well as you'd imagined, and it puts you off starting it.

XX