Thread: Cosmo Cricket photo corners?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cosmo Cricket photo corners?

I think it was the September Craft Day TSV, the Cosmo Cricket scrapbook kit, the one with 2 8x8 albums and loads of other stuff. Anyway I got the kit out today to see what is in there so that I could decide what to do (going to start with one of the mini chipboard albums to stand on my desk) and got very puzzled about the photo corners that are in the kit. There are a lot of them, several pages of different sizes, all diecut to push out.
    Anyway, this is where I got confused. How do you use them? The only ones I've used before are the traditional photo corners which are little double paged "envelope holders" which you would stick onto the page then insert the corners of the photos into the holders. Unless I'm missing something, these ones are just single sheets, I can't see that you can do anything with them other than use them on top of the photos as faux photo corners. I'm not actually bothered about using them for the photos as I know that there are lots of photo safe adhesives that can be used in the albums, so these corners just seem to be a waste of space.
    Am I missing something obvious? Feeling a bit stupid here!

Post Thanks / Like

I think they you're right Marie, they are faux corners just to give the effect

Post Thanks / Like

that's what it seems to me, what a waste of paper!

Post Thanks / Like

I quite like the effect of them and have a die that cuts them

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmm - not sure if they're anything like the die cut photo corners I got in a Brenda Pinnick kit? With those there are clearly scored lines that allow you to fold them into a pocket photo corner IYSWIM. Although, having said that, when I used them this time last year for my mum's scrapbook, I still secured everything onto the page with DST anyway - including sticking on the photo corner...

Post Thanks / Like

I think some have scored lines but definately not the smaller ones. I'll have a look tomorrow.