Thread: CleverCut Maxi?

Post Thanks / Like

Question CleverCut Maxi?

I'm going to invest in a large paper cutter for both business and crafting - I like the look of the CC CleverCut Maxi and wondered if anybody can give me their reviews of the product?
    Thanks!
    Marie

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Marie, I fancied it too, but when I Googled it I found some not so great reviews (can't remember where, sorry). In the end I went for a Tonic A3 Guillotine that I found on offer at Hobbycraft (not exactly where I expected to find a bargain!). I have to say I thoroughly recommend it, should have got one years ago. With that and some of the Colall All Purpose Glue, even my matting and layering looks straight.

Hope this helps

Melanie

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Melanie - that's interesting, probably explains why I haven't been able to find any reviews for the product at all!

I've seen a few decent reviews for the Tonic you mentioned - does the handle fold away/screw off for storage or to carry?

The other one that I've seen recently is the Purple Cows trimmer - Craft Superstore has a good offer on a combo deal here http://tinyurl.com/7m39f6k. Anyone used this one?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi

Yes there is a handle and the extended ruler (for items over 15cm) that both fit in the base for storage.

Tonic was £34 in Hobbycraft and the Maxi was £49 I think.

Melanie

Post Thanks / Like

I have the purple cow one and it's ok, but with having a trimmer attachment it can often move if not inserted correctly.