Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: got my cuttlebug

Post Thanks / Like

Default got my cuttlebug

My cuttlebug has arrived and now I want more dies ect. I got 3 embossing dies and a cutting die with the machine for 49,99 and free p&p so I am quite happy, also ordered a set of x cut alphabet and number die's from mad about cards for 9.99 as they say on the site thay can be used in a cuttle bug, also have some fiskers plates that I nearly sold so will have a go with them too, must admit that all though I have read it that the dies cuttinto the plate my heart still jumped when I saw it lol.
    My dear daughter looked at the plates and said ohh I think I might be able to sorce something to use when they need replacing, aparently her old school has a machine that moulds plastics ect in any sahape and size, in graphic design one of the girls made clear and coloured plastic chopping boards , so theres a thought will let you know how she gets on.

Post Thanks / Like

LOL, LJ, I am with you on the horrid feeling you get when dies cut into those lovely brand new shiney cutting mats! I hate that too, it makes me feel like I am damaging them even though I know that it's just an unavoidable side effect of using dies. Have fun with your new toy!

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your new toy LJ. I tend to buy the dies when I see them on special offer. E bay can be good for the bigger sets sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like

Default using fiskers plates

I have searched and found that you can use the fiskers texture plates in the cuttle bug, I have followed the directions but I cant get mine to work, it says you need the wizzard embossong pads or 3mm foam which I have tried before buying the wizzard pads, as I dont want to buy something I don't realy need, but I am having no joy:(, has anyone else used the fiskers plates in the cuttle bug, if so how

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried using funky foam LJ. If doesn't quite give as good impression as a silicone mat but its an option. Don't forget you can also use Sizzix Texturz in the CB too

Post Thanks / Like

yep I have tried funky foam
    wonder if I have the sandwiches wrong(maybe lettace is not a good idea) have tried and tried and now I am sulking:(

Post Thanks / Like

If I remember rightly, when I used funkyfoam, I used a couple of shims of paper under the textured plate too

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoy your new toy LJ! Guess it's less likely to break down than my Cricut!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marie View Post
    Enjoy your new toy LJ! Guess it's less likely to break down than my Cricut!
    Oh I do hope you get it sorted soon, why is it nothing is made to last more then 5 mins these days:(

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanette View Post
    If I remember rightly, when I used funkyfoam, I used a couple of shims of paper under the textured plate too
    Well I just give up I've tried the foam and shims, with diff combos , it did not work, I asked on Joanna Sheens site where I was directed to Cards by Karlum site.,where they list all the combos for diff things using the cuttle bug, tried the fiskers and the brass stencil, and not a mark on the card. Where am I going wrong I thought that having this machine would help me with my stencils as I find it hard to do them by hand now,And to top it all my daughter said oh I had that little mangle thing for making die cut flowers when I was small ,and its the same concept as the cuttlebug only it cost £7.99I'm really fed up I have a cuttle bug and can't play with it till by embossing plates arrive.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Throws fiskers plates out of window
    Last edited by Little Jan; 16-01-2009 at 04:40 PM.