Thread: what else can we used as templates?

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb what else can we used as templates?

Been thinking this week what else i could use in my joy trouvaille as templates either to cut or emboss,

well i found lace will emboss paper, also stickers that are 3d textured , emboss great, shapes stuck on acetate also emboss,

what else shall i try?

Post Thanks / Like

My flourishes arrived today - they're great and can't wait to play with them - also my bundle of double-sided tape!!!! They're all brilliant.

I've got some AVEC stencils - I'll try them - they should emboss. Going round the house to see what else will go through an embosser/cutter. Have you tried heavily textured fabric? Wonder if pom-pom yarn fabric would give a good texture?
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

eyeful Guest

I love the double sided tape too, what about leaves Carley, you could get some nice ones from the garden and make a nice pattern and try that. Just a thought xxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suban View Post
    My flourishes arrived today - they're great and can't wait to play with them - also my bundle of double-sided tape!!!! They're all brilliant.

I've got some AVEC stencils - I'll try them - they should emboss. Going round the house to see what else will go through an embosser/cutter. Have you tried heavily textured fabric? Wonder if pom-pom yarn fabric would give a good texture?
    love those flourishes they are so versatile

Post Thanks / Like

Hope that sticky back plastic (or as we called it Fablon - other makes are available) will work - I've got some wood-grain effect which I want to use with the leaves and flourishes to jazz up some cupboard doors and a wardrobe!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Hessian ribbon and coins work.
    Janet
    'Misspent youth, overspent middle age'