Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cross stitch progress

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cross stitch progress

I didn't get any stitching done at the weekend - I had planned on doing some outside in the sun but it was way too windy and knowing my luck the chart would have taken flight. Last Thursday was the last time I did any so this is where I'm at now

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...xs28may001.jpg

I'll keep all my progress pics on the one thread so I'm not annoying others - next progress pic at the weekend hopefully.

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely beautiful!!!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

It's really taking shape, Janice, beautiful! xx

Post Thanks / Like

I took this week's progress pic a few hours ago

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...ch%20progress/

I got to a place where I need to use 2 strands of thread and 2 strands of filament which I loathe so stopped there. I'll try and do a wee bit with the filament tomorrow and if it's not working for me then it will just be normal thread and that's it. I'm off work this week so really hoping to get loads done - going to try and do a few hours every afternoon and my normal evening session too. And I know I'm going to have to start on the backstitch soon :sweat:

Post Thanks / Like

It's marvellous to see the progress! With larger projects it's sometimes difficult to think you've made any headway - until you compare it like this.
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I hate blending filament, I really do. So why do I insist on using it on some of my card designs? Because it looks gorgeous, and I'm an idiot. I also use it on my paper stitching cards, though I know I am quite bonkers to do so. What the heck, doesn't hurt anybody. :)

Love your work Janice. It really is coming along. :)

Roz

Post Thanks / Like

Have you tried using Thread Heaven on the blending filament.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some Thread Heaven somewhere but who knows where it is. I got stuck into it this afternoon and I managed to stitch the first 3 lengths of thread/blending filament without any bother but the 4th piece was a pain. Having said that I persevered with it and it does look ok apart from one stitch that looks a bit lumpy. I'll have a look at the chart tomorrow to see how much more blending filament there is and try and time it for my more patient days lol!

Post Thanks / Like

You keep perservering! I know you'll crack it!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is the pic for this week's progress

http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h3...s10June001.jpg

I was stitching while watching telly so thought I'd go onto the relatively easy middle of the circle and leave the fiddly fractionals to a time when my mind could multi-task. I was going great guns until yesterday afternoon when I realised that I'd started the middle bit a row out :mysmilie_487: Was really p'd off with myself and no way am I taking all that stitching back out - I think cos of where it is that I can probably get away with it (just) so the whole thing was chucked to the side in disgust. But ready to do a wee bit more now, and hopefully it will work out ok.

Back to work tomorrow so back to slow progress again