Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: June Workshop - Stamping

Post Thanks / Like

Default June Workshop - Stamping

As my first love is rubber stamping i feel its only right that my workshop reflects this

So on the basis of walking before we can run i hope to give a few general pointers on stamping for the first time

For the basics you will require a rubber stamp, card and an ink pad

To achieve the best results i suggest you do not scrimp on these basics, buying good quality at the beginning will give you the best results in the end,

The card you choose also has a bearing on the outcome of your stamped image, too much texture and you will not get that crisp clean image you are looking for,

choose a smooth card and make sure you are working on a smoth flat surface
    for the best results

Post Thanks / Like

A quick word here about ink pads, but they really do merit their own seperate section, perhaps that can be covered at a later date

Pigment Inks stay wet long enough to enable you to add embossing powder if you want to emboss your stamped image, emboss in this instance means to give a raised glossy finish, you must emboss with this ink if you wish to colour your image, otherwise the colour will smudge

Solvent Dye based Inks are generally used when we want to colour in an image and are not used for embossing, they give a waterproof image that wont bleed when we add our colour

So we are ready to ink up, with your stamp rubber side up

tap the ink pad all over the image, make sure you do this carefully, do not use too heavy a hand and do not press onto the stamp with the ink pad, keep going till you have a uniform covering of ink all over the image

if you have any stray ink it can be cleaned up at this time with a small piece of kitchen paper, be sure not to catch the main image

Post Thanks / Like

lift your stamp and position onto the card, place it down squarely and flat do not rock, keeping one hand on the stamp make sure that you press all over the stamp with your other hand,

remove the stamp from the card by lifting it straight up into the air, dont tilt it to remove,

keep it flat and square as you did to stamp it

With a bit of luck you will have a clean well stamped image, but remember practice makes perfect

Last edited by Rainbowwand; 03-07-2008 at 06:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Depending on what ink you used you can now go on to matt and layer your image onto a card

or you can now colour your image before matting and layering

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely clear workshop, thanks for resurrecting it for us all.

Pam Guest

Thanks RW great workshop.

Post Thanks / Like

I too love stamping, and am on a mission to convert others
    This is a lovely clear workshop that will help lots of people, Well Done.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Great workshop ! And yes those 'Encore' pads will be still wet in 2020 ! lol
    Fab

My Kimtag Profile ! :)

Post Thanks / Like

that's great and helpful RW, I was going to od decouapge, but a lot of peeps can do this, so (and I'm not joking) - I am going to do 'getting craft items into your stash without OH's knowing' Watch this space!