Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18th Birthday Card Ideas?

Post Thanks / Like

Default 18th Birthday Card Ideas?

I feel a bit cheeky asking for help when I've only just joined :blush: I've got 3 18th birthday (male) cards to make by the end of next week and I'm a bit stumped for ideas, they're all going to the same person so all need to be different - any ideas for inspiration?

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum muggle and don't feel cheeky asking - there's always someone around to help. What kind of things is the birthday boy into?

Post Thanks / Like

Try the KennyK site for digis (digis might not be your 'thing', but he has some great ones for male cards).

Post Thanks / Like

Male cards; the hardest to do, for my step-sons 18th's I did one with cars, and the other with a whiskey (there used to be a whiskey called Millburn, distilled in Inverness), now they tend to get gruffies decoupage (cousins of Joanna Sheen's house mouse) you can buy individual sheets from Foilplay (Winspiration on here and 1 of our sponsors)

Post Thanks / Like

I always have trouble making male cards.But it seems that adult style dragons are all in this year,these are 2 of the cards I have made for 2 diff 18ths 1st one was for my nephew using backing card and some die cuts from kanban the second was made for my friends son using a topper from Foilplay,what I did not know at the time was he had a dragon tatoo done on his leg for his birthday so the card went down very well

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I did this one like this for my nephew. It's cut on the cricut but would be easy enough to draw and cut. There are two layers on foam pads for a little dimension and I just put stars on top for his, not flowers!

DSC01638 a.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the ideas :)

Janiceb966 - he's not really into that much apart from going out with friends, he doesn't really play/watch any sports. He likes music but more going to concerts and things rather than playing any instruments.

Deefersmum - thanks for the suggestion, I've not tried digi's before but will have a look at that website.

Millburn - I always struggle with male cards - I've got 4 brothers too so always need to make a lot :p I'll take a look at the gruffies thanks.

Little Jan & Jenty - thanks for posting pictures of your card's, they're lovely :) Think I might go for a number's card for one of them.

Post Thanks / Like

I was wrong; the youngest boy got a La Pashe card, this one, La Pashe have some decent ideas for Mens cards; my problem with my Menfolk is that they are all workaholics, and beef farmers without hobbies, except lighting bonfires :D

the whiskey one is this one, it was made over 5 yrs ago, I'd been card making for about a yr

I have a stock of diggers for OH, his other job, the one that keeps the farm in the black is driving a digger

Post Thanks / Like

great card Millburn
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Does he like Sherlock Holmes made one for one of my nephew's, it has not got 18 on but am sure you could add the number in the sentiment.
    If you want me to add a pic I will.