Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: All carded out ?

Post Thanks / Like

Default All carded out ?

Do you think we are all carded out now,there has been so much stuff to tempt us to buy this last year,and we always give in eh,that nothing now is a novelty,I have loads of things left from kits etc,enough really for me not to buy again for another year,I wonder if thats why we are fed up with whats being shown.

Teacherspet Guest

I know what you mean. But personally money is a bit tighter at the moment and so I'm having to be more selective... however the lack of products with the WOW-must-have factor makes this a bit easier.
    I made a news year resolution to use something old, left over from a previous project or still unused in my stash, on each card I make and it's working ok so far. If things were to get worse financially, I can happily craft away for years with the only thing I'd ever need to buy being the various adhesives we use.
    That fact alone gives me comfort as I do love my crafting - I might be wearing extra layers in the winter and eating basic no frills meals but I'd still be crafting.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm spent for the year now!!!! The other difficulty is getting rid of the cards I make. I know "rid" isn't the right word, but you know what I mean.
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

I am slowing up on my purchases - I go into my craft room and sometimes just feel overwelmed by the amount of 'stuff' I have - I want to try and be more selective - when you look at what the lady from Inkylicious can do with the brushes, satin card and some stamps that is the kind of thing that inspires me - something beautiful without spending loads of money.

craftycat Guest

I'm learning to be more selective with what I buy. A lot I would consider to be replacements - card, ink pads etc. I think I'm even getting to the stage where there are not many more stamps I want. I've also got all the basic nesties I need.

Post Thanks / Like

Having said I want to slow up on purchases, I really really want some of the Michael Powell stamps.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm slowing down with my buying too. I went to the first craft show in a couple of years last month. Yes I was tempted by a girl with a gorgeous stand and fabulous samples
    http://www.chloescreativecards.co.uk/

I think my mojo has gone on holiday, as far as the purse goes that's a good thing I suppose

Post Thanks / Like

I think you just get to a point when crafting that you start finding everything a bit samey, especially if you watch C&C too much and just look at the products on there, which do repeat but sell. Buying is half the fun for me, but I've run out of space really and it can be depressing having so much you don't know what to do with it all.

I think you naturally come to a place where you slow down buying as well. Although if you have a look at other craft retailers rather than just C&C and QVC there is still plenty out there to tempt you, it's just not shown on tv (oh dear don't look, some lovely new K&co out there and My Mind's Eye DIY tote bags).

I am playing with the Martha Stewart clay, which is something very different, I'll let you know the results when they dry!
    Last edited by Rentochops; 03-06-2012 at 01:34 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I really fancied the MS clay but I sat on my hands! Let us know what it's like ROC.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I was making cards today - and I'd even forgotten things I'd just bought - now I know I need to start using things, not just sit and look at things!!!!!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515: