Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was meant to be a hankie...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Was meant to be a hankie...

But became a cushion instead. Going to use nicer fabrics next time, but my son chose polka dots!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339929384.088836.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339929400.997903.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Great job! Next time we'll let you pick the fabric! BTW how did it develop from a hankie to a cushion?
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Because I'm thick! Used interfacing instead of bondaweb, it was my first attempt! So after sewing (by hand) the 3 sides it was clear it wasn't going to work as a hanky! He is still chuffed lol

Maddy

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good you did a good job sewing the whole thing by hand must have taken a while to finish.

Post Thanks / Like

Do you like sewing by hand? I must confess I do. It was the speed of Mam's old machine that used to terrify me about machine sewing - loved the treadle machine - wasn't all the fancy stitches of course.

So far I've even managed to hand-sew a pair of curtains for the kitchen. I love fabrics!!!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

I do like hand sewing, although I don't always get the perfect finish you get on a machine. It took three days, the letters took the longest and I'm not entirely happy with them. It was a first go though xx

Maddy

Post Thanks / Like

Ah but you don't get a needle snapping and the thread ravelling underneath ;)

Post Thanks / Like

well done,on your first attempt. I lovee to hand sew too, but don't do as much as I used too eyesight and fingers not what they used to be home When daughter was into amdram she woudl bring home all the old costumes for me to sew up and repair some were very old and fine lace but I loved doing it.
    My wedding dress was hand sewn too not by me though every bit of the embroidered tulle matched perfectley and the only bit that was machined was the bodice to the skirt.
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

Wow bet that was gorgeous!

Maddy

Post Thanks / Like

Jan, that sounds fabulous! What a talented bunch we are! Finished handsewing a voile curtain yesterday, just got the edging to finish crocheting.