Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone got The Slice?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone got The Slice?

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone else has got a Making Memories Slice?
    I got one for Christmas, and it's driving me nuts, it won't make clean cuts, it rips the card stock, and when it does cut clean, the smaller shapes are distorted. I'm wasting so much card stock :(
    So if you haven't got one and you're thinking of getting one, I would suggest waiting until they've ironed out these teething problems :(
    Off to visit their website to see if I can get some help...

Post Thanks / Like

That's a shame, I had read on a us forum that people weren't very impressed with it for the same problems you're having.
    I hope you get it sorted :)

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't got the slightest idea what its like, but do you perhaps need to do something to take the newness off the blades, ie does it come with a protective film you are supposed to take off. Hope you get it sorted and its a bit sad for whoever gave it to you, spending money on something that does not work.

Post Thanks / Like

Soopy, I just googled your problem and its seems others are having problems with distorted shapes and MM engineers were 'working on it'. It seems some people are also having problems with it cutting through thicker cardstock too.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your replies.
    There's no protective film Lorraine, sometimes the flippin' thing cuts perfectly. I've tried adjusting the blade, but no matter what I do, if it wants to throw a tantrum, it will blimmin' well throw a tantrum :(
    Well, Jeanette, at least it's not just me having probs...I've tried cutting paper and Bazzill cardstock and had the same problems, I don't think I'd like to try anything thicker.
    My mum got it for me, I hardly like to tell her I'm so disappointed with it...
    It's my own fault, my mum used to work for a car manufacturer and always told me never to buy a newly designed car until it'd been available for at least a year, so it gave them time to iron out all the teething troubles...obviously the same applies to new craft tools...see, you should always listen to your mummy :D

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soopy View Post
    Thank you for your replies.
    There's no protective film Lorraine, sometimes the flippin' thing cuts perfectly. I've tried adjusting the blade, but no matter what I do, if it wants to throw a tantrum, it will blimmin' well throw a tantrum :(
    Well, Jeanette, at least it's not just me having probs...I've tried cutting paper and Bazzill cardstock and had the same problems, I don't think I'd like to try anything thicker.
    My mum got it for me, I hardly like to tell her I'm so disappointed with it...
    It's my own fault, my mum used to work for a car manufacturer and always told me never to buy a newly designed car until it'd been available for at least a year, so it gave them time to iron out all the teething troubles...obviously the same applies to new craft tools...see, you should always listen to your mummy :D
    Saw this late last year; told myself NOOOOOO! I don't need another cutting system. Sorry about the probs your having hope you get them sorted out. I was going to up-grade my XP PC for the new Vista when it came out but I was told the same thing your Mum said; wait about a year so that Microsoft can sort out any Blipps in the system... Good Advice

Post Thanks / Like

My friend's DH is having such probs with Vista, he's nearly tearing his hair out. He's sorely tempted to go back to XP.
    Anyway, re the Slice, it was one of those 'ooh, a demo, wow, that's fantastic...ooh, and it's on special offer today' kind of impulse buys :(
    Thing is, the concept is great and if it worked properly, I would get so much use out of it...sigh...

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and I am very happy with it. I know there are problems with some people's Basic Shapes 1 card that comes with the machine, and I think MM might now be talking about replacing them.

I did have a few problems getting used to it, but touch wood, it now seems to be working ok!

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so glad to hear your Slice is working fine Rose...to update on mine, I spoke to the owner of the shop where I bought it, she told me to pop in with in which I did today, taking along my cards and glass mat, and she figured out that my problem was that I was too stingy with the glue on the glass mat :o
    She washed it off, re-applied a thicker layer and woo-hoo, away we went, success :D
    Even she was having problems with her Basic Shapes 1 though, I hope MM do replace them...
    I was so pleased I came home with the Falala card :D

Post Thanks / Like

That's so great when you can get a problem sorted, and another vote for bricks and mortar shops as well- nothing like a bit of personal service! Glad you got it sorted!