Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Erm

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry peeps but I made mug cosies for my glass coffee mugs, but I do hold them with both hands as I can't hold with one very effectively anyway. For me they mean that my hands do not get burnt by the heat from the mug. Not that I paid £9 for the yarn, cost me nothing in fact as it was left over yarn from other projects. Mine are in crochet though, not knitted. I also have a crochet cover for my matching mini cafetiere. My other cafetiere has a patchwork cosy, as does my teapot, plus Christmas themed ones come December.

I also have egg cosies, mine were made long before AT ever put in an appearance. As for the apple cosy, I have seen them free on various websites, along with flowers, fruit, sandwiches, cupcakes, and various other items in knitting and crochet. Some years ago the Yahoo mini needlework group I belong to made a 1/12th scale knitted room complete with furniture, fixtures and fittings.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Inky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    Sorry peeps but I made mug cosies for my glass coffee mugs, but I do hold them with both hands as I can't hold with one very effectively anyway. For me they mean that my hands do not get burnt by the heat from the mug. Not that I paid £9 for the yarn, cost me nothing in fact as it was left over yarn from other projects. Mine are in crochet though, not knitted. I also have a crochet cover for my matching mini cafetiere. My other cafetiere has a patchwork cosy, as does my teapot, plus Christmas themed ones come December.

I also have egg cosies, mine were made long before AT ever put in an appearance. As for the apple cosy, I have seen them free on various websites, along with flowers, fruit, sandwiches, cupcakes, and various other items in knitting and crochet. Some years ago the Yahoo mini needlework group I belong to made a 1/12th scale knitted room complete with furniture, fixtures and fittings.

Roz
    My mouth is open, but whatever floats your boat lol

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I've had my 1/12th scale designs published in magazines, on a miniaturist website, and in book form over the years. Some months it has enabled me to keep the wolf from the door, and put food on the table.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Ive seen both the apple cosies and mug cosies in Mollie Makes magazine. I thought they were quite cute, but havent had a go despite them now being called 'iconic'. Never one to see the Heath and Safety issues of such things as slippage, I was more concerned that I would get coffee on my knitting when I sipped from it as usually the cosies are quite high sided. Ive seen fabric ones too. Actually I may make a fabric cafetiere cosy one of these days....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post

Roz

I've got to ask: How many of these have you made? http://tinyurl.com/7m4n5tk

Inky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I've got to ask: How many of these have you made? http://tinyurl.com/7m4n5tk
    Those have to be the most tasteless things on the planet. I know every crafter is different, but I just see it as useless tat.
    I have a mug, I hold it by the handle, I drink my tea whilst hot, I then wash up said mug. What I don't need to do is wash a bunch of knitted strips too. Unnecessary washing and clutter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Inky View Post
    Those have to be the most tasteless things on the planet. I know every crafter is different, but I just see it as useless tat.
    I have a mug, I hold it by the handle, I drink my tea whilst hot, I then wash up said mug. What I don't need to do is wash a bunch of knitted strips too. Unnecessary washing and clutter.
    I couldn't agree more, Inky.

Post Thanks / Like

As I'm not really in a strong position to agree with everyone, just look at my profile pic! I'll admit to looking on Ravelry for the weird stuff to knit, cat hats, dog coats tea cosies, and am lusting after a knitting for nerds book Dr who's who's scarf etc
    I love quirky stuff and Roz I would have loved to see a knitted dolls house, I've seen the clothes on Ravelry
    And those pics of knitted loo doll holders I would love to make some naff ones for funny gifts
    It takes all sorts !
    The only way is up - well according to Yazz:grin::grin:

Post Thanks / Like

Lol, but seriously, I don't think C&C have thought about it. It is very very dangerous. Wool is always slippery against ceramics.
    They probably got the idea from out of the monthly crochet mags, there was a mug cover (!) in there round about February this year. My tea never lasts long enough to go cold lol

Inky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keiko1 View Post
    My tea never lasts long enough to go cold lol
    Same here, and the only knitted things I like are jumpers and cardigans.