Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first attempts at patchwork!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default My first attempts at patchwork!!

On another thread, I mentioned that I have recently got into patchwork, and thought I would share somethings I have made. The first three photos are of cushion covers that I made with 2.5" squares (ended up as 2" when stitched). The photo of the two appeared on my blog - you can find it by clicking here. I used one of the cushion covers as my DT inspiration for the first challenge I have ever set!! They have all become presents for my friends!!

IMG_9949.jpg

IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_9871#2.jpg

This photo is of a quilt I made with a Y3 class for their teacher who had been off long term sick. Each child designed a square (they ended up approx 16cm when stitched), transferred the design onto white cotton fabric and painted it with textile paints. The then pinned and tacked their square to one of the coloured squares (more as a way of getting them to do sewing than from necessity). I then assembled the lot with wadding in between. I was really pleased with the results!!

quilt.jpg

I'm hoping to become a bit more adventurous with the patterns - but it's a start!!

Cxxx
    Design Team Member for Crafty Cardmakers
    Feel free to visit my blog.

Post Thanks / Like

they are lovely :D

Post Thanks / Like

They really are marvellous. Keep going with it!!!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Brilliant. :) Will have to get my machine out and have a go at making a cushion cover or two. Fed up of the ones I have. I bought a pack of off-cut pieces of curtain fabric from the curtain shop in Wath the other week. Haven't actually opened the bag to see exactly what is in it yet. Might do that tomorrow seeing as there is stuff all on C & C.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Wow! They are lovely - so neat. It was recommended I left the sewing class when at school (was going to do art anyway) and then, for some very strange reason, my parents bought me a sewing machine for my 18th birthday. I can sew as my grandmother taught me and used to make my own clothes but can never do it as neat as your patchwork.

Post Thanks / Like

They are all lovely.
    I love flowers

Post Thanks / Like

Fab cushions Carole, I especially like the first one with its unusual & striking mix of fabric styles & that OOAK picture quilt is really
    quite marvellous! All beautifully made too, they look well posh! lol :star:
    When your horse follows you without being asked, when he rubs his head on yours, and when you look at him and feel a tingle down your spine...you know you are loved.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't know how I missed this before - these are lovely and so wonderful that you did the quilt with the children.
    Think this links to my Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/chucklemouse/

Post Thanks / Like

They are lovely - I especially like the black and white one.

eyeful Guest

I love them all but especially the one with paisley on - think it's the first. They are really excellent x