Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Silhouette cameo (again)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Comfrey View Post
    Thanks so much Dax. I think I might try a craft robo blade too, just in case. I would buy one from Tina, but I don't know who she is :mysmilie_516:

Im expecting the new blade today so I'll let you know how I get on. Wish me luck :cheeky:
    I wish you luck Comfrey. I am very reluctant to use the replacement blade I bought from C&C a while ago when it was free p&p.

Tina designs and sells cutting templates and her latest C.D. was on C&C recently. http://www.forevermemoriesforyou.co.uk/
    Sorry I can't get the page up with the spindles on but my wifi connection here in wet North Devon is unbelievably slow. I click on a web site or page then go and play freecell while it takes ages to load or not. It takes me ages to read posts and even longer to do a post.

Comfrey you do need to have a Craft Robo blade unit to be able to use the replacement spindle blades. http://www.graphtecgb.co.uk/shop/sho...7055&menulevel=

It is a big shame that Graphtec have not designed a Cameo ratchet blade unit which you can change just the spindle blade like in their Pro machines.

Post Thanks / Like

Comfrey, don't lose heart, I broke my first blade as well. In my case it was because I had had the previous Silhouette (a craft robo) and mistakenly used the same settings initially when I actually needed to use lower settings. I now ALWAYS do a test cut on an off cut when use a new type of card in the Silhouette, starting off on a low setting, and working up until it cuts the card, then saving those settings. I also tend to use the double cut feature in place of making the blade depth too high a number. Hope you stick with it, as my machine is such a favourite now, just wish they would also do a sugarcraft version like Cricut do!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to you both. The blade has arrived and I looked at it yesterday and then looked at it again and showed it hubby, who looked at it. Now I guess I'd better use it
    I have learnt to keep an open mind, but not to be so open minded my brains fall out