Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CC Pink Card Drive

craftycat Guest

Sent three pink cards off earlier this week and got my £5 voucher from Crafters Companion this morning. Think I will manage to spend £30 as I want quite a lot of the stuff including some of Sheena's stamps.

Inky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by craftycat View Post
    Sent three pink cards off earlier this week and got my £5 voucher from Crafters Companion this morning. Think I will manage to spend £30 as I want quite a lot of the stuff including some of Sheena's stamps.
    I know the £5 is nice, but it would be a whole lot better if they gave those £5 vouchers to the breast cancer charity. They would have to sell 10,000 cans of pink spray (which they won't do) just to raise £100 which personally, I see as a mega insult to the women who suffer and have died. My granddaughter and her mum run for breast cancer every year and raise way more than that with a simple sponsorship form. When she was a baby her mum would run the distance with my granddaughter in the pushchair. I hope people start complaining to CC

craftycat Guest

As Muffintop said, not really interested in the voucher - standard level of special offer discount anyway for a sales boost. Also, 10p per can might be a bit stingy but again normal sort of promotion for a charity link. I bought chocolate from somewhere last year and that was 10p per £10 box.

This was a chance for me to help a charity I hold dear. ALL cancer charities as I lost my husband to the awful disease. I CAN'T run, couldn't even walk that far just now with the Race for Life. I CAN make cards so was pleased to be able to offer some.

I've no doubt that CC are offering other charity support in their day to day business without publicising it, most companies do.

Post Thanks / Like

Duh, just been to the Post Office for recorded delivery for work and forgot to take my Pink Card for CC!

Bliddy Menopausal Brain syndrome !!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Every penny helps - lost one great uncle to lung cancer - his wife and daughter died of brest cancer. Lost my darling dad to a brain tumour when I was 16 - all these years later it is still inoperable - well IF an operation had been tried, he probably would have ended up a cabbage, but most likely would have died on the operating table - and that is still the best prognosis for his type of cancer.
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Inky Guest

Quote Originally Posted by suban View Post
    Every penny helps - lost one great uncle to lung cancer - his wife and daughter died of brest cancer. Lost my darling dad to a brain tumour when I was 16 - all these years later it is still inoperable - well IF an operation had been tried, he probably would have ended up a cabbage, but most likely would have died on the operating table - and that is still the best prognosis for his type of cancer.
    Yes, every penny does help, but I always get annoyed when I see it is the ordinary folk with hardly anything that give, give, give. While those in a position to give more, give less while still using the ordinary folk to give it. If that makes sense.