Thread: Spellbinders christmas tree die

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spellbinders christmas tree die

I have just been using this die for the first time. What a cow it is to get out of the die! Tried the greaseproof paper malarkey, and it was a real pain. Solved it eventually, the best way is to dust the die with loads of anti-static powder. Had to put it through the GC 4 times to get it to cut right through, but when it is done, it is fab and well worth the effort.

Post Thanks / Like

That's useful to know Budgie. I've just taken delivery of mine and am looking forward to trying it out.

Post Thanks / Like

The kanban blockbuster kit is just the right weight to flatten the die cut trees too!

eyeful Guest

Thanks Budgie, I'm waiting for mine to arrive x

Post Thanks / Like

My Christmas tree die has just arrived this morning :) Looking forward to having a try of it later.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by budgie View Post
    I have just been using this die for the first time. What a cow it is to get out of the die! Tried the greaseproof paper malarkey, and it was a real pain. Solved it eventually, the best way is to dust the die with loads of anti-static powder. Had to put it through the GC 4 times to get it to cut right through, but when it is done, it is fab and well worth the effort.
    It is hard work isn't it budgie? I've finally solved how to cut the tree, but I can't get one of the baubles out of the dies without ripping it. Grrr!!! To think that I was so desperate to get hold of this die

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    It is hard work isn't it budgie? I've finally solved how to cut the tree, but I can't get one of the baubles out of the dies without ripping it. Grrr!!! To think that I was so desperate to get hold of this die
    Haven't tried the baubles yet.

Post Thanks / Like

I've just had a go of cutting mine out, the tree was tricky and I had to put it through the Cuttlebug a couple of times too so it cut right through. My baubles came out straight out first time tho, did you press out the release points on the top and bottom of them?

Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone tried with soap yet? I tried this die for the first time today, what a pig to cut and then get out after. Thought maybe soap over the cutting edge might do the trick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    The crafter formerly known as "the crafter formerly known as Blarf"! Ha ha!

Post Thanks / Like

I bought some wax paper from Lakeland and have left it in the tree die, whatever I cut almost falls out of the die now, it is a lovely die, I can see most of my Christmas cards having it on them this year.
    "Many will walk in and out of your life,
    But only true friends will leave paw prints in your heart."

Those who believe a dog has no soul have never looked in the eyes of a German Shepherd.