Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Making a silk purse from a sows ear

Post Thanks / Like

Default Making a silk purse from a sows ear

Remember the wedding we went to afew weeks ago? Well hubby forgot his camera and he had to use his rubbish phone. The photos really aren't very good and the ones which I would like are blurred.

Now I have promised to make a scrapbook of it for the bride. Firstly I have never even done a scrapbook page and god knows where I'll start, apart from a fairy tale idea I have got.
    But have any of you any advise at all how to make one with some pretty bad pictures.

Ive already photoshopped a couple of them, but it's not terribly successful. I just don't know how to make a silk purse out of a sows ear :thinking:
    I have learnt to keep an open mind, but not to be so open minded my brains fall out

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Comfrey, is there any chance you can ask the bride if you can use the official photographers photo's for the scrapbook? Most people get a CD with their photo's on so it would just be a case of making a copy of the CD.

Post Thanks / Like

I could ask her I know shes getting a CD done. But the whole point of this was to have the less formal ones made into something special. If the worst comes to the worst I'll do as you suggest love, but I was hoping there was a way around it :(

I likes piggies by the way. But you still cant make a silk purse out of their little ears LOL
    I have learnt to keep an open mind, but not to be so open minded my brains fall out

Post Thanks / Like

I'd ask the bride too, there will be the official pictures, but also I'd bet she has been sent copies from other guests

Post Thanks / Like

Is there any other guest that had a camera that would let you have a copy of their informal photos?

Edited to say - Naughty husband, I hope he has taken all the blame and been suitably punished:mysmilie_503:

Post Thanks / Like

I've been through them again and I think you're all right. I'm going to have to ask. As for whether he got suitably punished, I just have to give him "that" look and he knows he's in the doo doo LOL

Now all I have to do is figure out where to start. It seemed like such a good idea at the time :dull:

Post Thanks / Like

I would do an 8 x 8 album if I were you, a 12 x 12 might take forever to finish. x

Post Thanks / Like

I'm more likely to turn a silk purse INTO a sow's ear! Good luck and I agree with all the above posts!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Cmazza, I've already got the 12x12 :dull:

Post Thanks / Like

:) I am sure you will do well. This is a great place to find page-maps. http://pagemaps.com/pdfsketches.htm