Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making a silk purse from a sows ear

Post Thanks / Like

A tip for blurry photos - mount them under parchment and suddenly they're in focus. It does work but I don't know how. If they're just a bit less than perfect print them smaller - imperfections are not so noticable. 3 x 2 is still quite good size, you could then block 4 together to make 6x4. You could also do the worst of them as a 'film strip', that works with imperfect ones too. (Can't you just tell I work with lot of 'rubbish' photos LOL)

Post Thanks / Like

I was thinking that sticky, making them smaller is a good idea. You can enhance them as much as possible in photoshop and maybe put borders round them. You could have fairly big borders on the page as well making the embellishments and journalling of equal importance to the photos. The parchment idea is interesting, must try that.
    You could make some of the photos black and white, that seems popular with brides these days. We will expect to see photos when it's done (but not taken with OH's phone!) :grin:

Post Thanks / Like

Cmazza, than you, I'll take a look at that when I'm more awake (dogs jumped on me at 6)

Wow thanks. I'm going to try that. Can you use the parchment that's used for normal parchment craft or does it have to be a lighter grade?

Jenty I did the black and white thing because there's an option in serif to do "old photo" and it not only makes them black and white but it blurs the edges too and it's worked for a couple of pics, but I can't do the whole thing like that .... Hmmm or can I?

Anyway, I'm going to try again today and I'll shrink them, black and white them and shove them under parchment. Failing all that, I'll just sit in a corner and rock Lol
    I have learnt to keep an open mind, but not to be so open minded my brains fall out

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure if you tell the bride there's a problem with your photos that the family will rally round and provide you with lots of their photos. It's also a way for family members to be part of the making of the scrapbook.

Post Thanks / Like

Comfrey, any parchment type paper - even tracing paper - works. I suppose because it gives a sort of misty look to the photos it just seems to pull them into focus - unless theyt are really bad, then I do give up on them LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone and Sticky I tried the parchment and it worked :mysmilie_508:

I have told the bride and she sent me some snapshots which had a picture of her pulling this hilarious face. So at the start, because I'm using the 'once upon a time' pad, I'm going to put it on the page that says "there lived a beautiful princess"

I want this to be fun and make them laugh and remember the day for what it was, a really happy time.
    I have learnt to keep an open mind, but not to be so open minded my brains fall out