Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Support our Soldiers Charity

Post Thanks / Like

Default Support our Soldiers Charity

I know nothing about this charity but thought it might be an ideal charity to send cards to. If you go to the site Supportoursoldiers.co.uk and click the menu on the right Appeals they are asking for Hand made cards A6 No Glitter to send out to the soldiers.

the address which is on the website is
    Support our Soldiers
    Unit 2155
    Safe Store Self Storage
    Middle engine Lane Retail Park
    Wallsend
    Tyne & Wear
    NE28 PNT
    Hope its of some use I have just sent a few Christmas Cards

craftycat Guest

Are these cards for the soldiers to send to their families?

Post Thanks / Like

Possibly. Will certainly get some cards together. They're also requesting used postage stamps - pass the word on!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Suban missed the request for stamps but just had another look. The stamps are sent to another address.
    It says on the website that the cards are placed in a communal area so that the troops can choose and send to relatives /home.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for that. On another forum I use to dip into a couple of years ago there was a lot of nastiness about sending cards for troops. I think it was a personal catfight between the posters not about the charity involved in that instance, but it put me off sending any at that time due to the sheer horrible comments.

This seems must saner so will sort some out. Thanks for the link.

craftycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by agelesscraft View Post
    Thanks Suban missed the request for stamps but just had another look. The stamps are sent to another address.
    It says on the website that the cards are placed in a communal area so that the troops can choose and send to relatives /home.
    I thought it was this charity. Last time I sent any was to someone who was passing them on but have lost contact. Well get some cards ready for this now.

Post Thanks / Like

This is just the sort of project to get my mojo back - Thankyou.

Post Thanks / Like

If it helps the troops - I'm in! Putting a plastic wallet in the kitchen for my stamps!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

eyeful Guest

Yep I'm gonna do some too and such a good cause x

Post Thanks / Like

I send my cards to a local "shoebox" co ordinater who forwards them onto serving troups , mainly in Afghan atm, I also pop in a few bits n bobs like toothpaste, playing cards , magazines , jelly sweets etc anything that will fit into a shoebox really.