Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Support our Soldiers Charity

Post Thanks / Like

I think they want to ensure that cards from loved one take priority. I know there have been cases of the chaps and chappesses not getting cards from relatives in time because of the amount of well wishers sending them :)
    I have learnt to keep an open mind, but not to be so open minded my brains fall out

craftycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Comfrey View Post
    I think they want to ensure that cards from loved one take priority. I know there have been cases of the chaps and chappesses not getting cards from relatives in time because of the amount of well wishers sending them :)
    These were cards sent out in batches for soldiers to use, sending greetings back to their loved ones. Not easy to get hold of cards when you are serving in a war zone. The parcels were blocking stuff being sent by families though.

I hope the shoe box scheme isn't stopped for the same reason.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craftycat View Post
    These were cards sent out in batches for soldiers to use, sending greetings back to their loved ones. Not easy to get hold of cards when you are serving in a war zone. The parcels were blocking stuff being sent by families though.

I hope the shoe box scheme isn't stopped for the same reason.
    ah I see. My mistake.
    I have learnt to keep an open mind, but not to be so open minded my brains fall out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craftycat View Post
    Unfortunately nothing was said on the site, just that section no longer seen. I only found out by googling and there were some news items about people having cards refused.
    Sorry, my mistake as I misread your post.

craftycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Muffintop View Post
    Sorry, my mistake as I misread your post.
    No, not your fault. I wasn't that clear when I posted - result of insomnia which is improving now!