Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Support our Soldiers Charity

Post Thanks / Like

:mysmilie_492:

Brilliant idea, would they want "occasion specific" do you think? or would generic, floral/masculine/children be allright please? Also, I can understand no glitter but wonderered about embellishment in general?

craftycat Guest

I think a general card is more acceptable but I did send some Christmas ones with mine. Not sure about postage costs but would have thought any embellishment would put the price up. Also guessing that anything slightly metallic would give the same problems as glitter. I even avoided mirri card just in case,

Post Thanks / Like

The equivalent American charity Operation Write Home just picked one of my articles for my new blog on their facebook page. I was well chuffed and honoured. Then some of my followers asked me if there was a UK one that's exactly the one I found on google. I have a few cards in a box I'll sort them out and send it to them. I like the idea that soldiers can pick a few unique cards to send back home ! :)
    Fab

My Kimtag Profile ! :)

craftycat Guest

Well done Fab with the article being chosen.
    What a brilliant organisation Operation Write Home is too ( I googled!)

Useful bit of info, the glitter is banned because it can be picked up on night goggles so would be a danger. I thought it was banned as it would pick up on security scans along with anything metallic.
    Last edited by craftycat; 27-08-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

It is good to have a reason to make cards,if like me you do not have a family to make for it sometimes seems pointless making cards just to sit in a box,It would be good if anyone knows of other charities who would like handmade cards as the Charity Shops are not always interested.

craftycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by uniqui View Post
    It is good to have a reason to make cards,if like me you do not have a family to make for it sometimes seems pointless making cards just to sit in a box,It would be good if anyone knows of other charities who would like handmade cards as the Charity Shops are not always interested.
    Hi uniqui. This whole section of the forum has links with organisations who will accept cards. The docrafts/Cancer Research is a major one and there is a link for that. This is one of my major "outlets" for charity cards. Unfortunately I'm not sure how much longer Docrafts is going to sponsor the scheme. We also have some forum members who are glad to receive donations of cards for their schemes.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm just glad I'm going to have outlets for the cards as I need to decrease my surplus stash!!!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

craftycat Guest

On the original outlet for this thread, no request for cards now showing on the site and, as I understand it, they can't accept cards to be sent out for the use of serving soldiers any more. The shoe box scheme is still running though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craftycat View Post
    On the original outlet for this thread, no request for cards now showing on the site and, as I understand it, they can't accept cards to be sent out for the use of serving soldiers any more. The shoe box scheme is still running though.
    What a shame about no more cards but at least they have put something on their site so they won't receive anymore. The shoebox scheme is good.

craftycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Muffintop View Post
    What a shame about no more cards but at least they have put something on their site so they won't receive anymore. The shoebox scheme is good.
    Unfortunately nothing was said on the site, just that section no longer seen. I only found out by googling and there were some news items about people having cards refused.