Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Innocent charity mini hats

Post Thanks / Like

Default Innocent charity mini hats

Has anyone here ever knitted the little hats for Innocent smoothies yearly charity? I think the charity is Age UK. I was thinking about doing some this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I've done a bunch every year for quite a few years now. I always hope to see one of mine 'in the wild' but it's never happened! :)

I make mostly plain ones - but they all seem cute to me. They are great for using up leftover bits and pieces and fun to knit.

Scrappy Soo - my paper, ink and all things glittery blog
    Things Soo Likes - my knitting blog

Post Thanks / Like

They are fantastic, SooG! I have bought the Innocent hat bottles in the past... my knitting skills are a bit shaky to say the least!

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Yes, Let's Get Knitting Big (Little Hats)

Well done ALL who take part - I am joining in this year. I know someone very well who works for Age UK and the one he works for has lost a lot of money usually derived from Lottery grants this past year - guess what for? It is brilliant to see those sports but ... a high price for our older people to pay.

Do you all realise many of us probably qualify for Age UK advice and support? People over 55 are classed as 'older people' not the elderly or, heaven forbid, OAPs!

Knit all you can and here's some helpful links:

the big knit - making winter warmer for older people

Knitting patterns for the Big Knit 2011 (the website has not been updated even though I emailed them about it - however, little hats for the top of bottles don't go out of date!)

Jo's Big Knit

I should have posted about this myself and hope you won't be offended that I have hijacked your thread, knit1 - thank you for giving me a Big Hint and now let's Big Knit. Really worthwhile cause (among many, I know).
    Take care all

Shirl aka essdeecee

www.ShirleyDavis.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

I can't knit to save my life but these are so tiny I'm going to give it a go. I was going to ask if anyone had a pattern but the ever helpful SDC has provided links - thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

I have lots of yarn left over so could do this
    also trying to knit dog coats to dogs trust to give to the 4 legged best friend of the homeless, will search for the link in the mag I bought today and post that later.

Post Thanks / Like

I;ve knitted them but mine were only the basic ones, people really let their imagination run riot and I think it's a wonderful way to raise funds.

Post Thanks / Like

What do they do with all the little hats? They are very cute.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like they have to be sent in by Monday 1st October so not too much time to get them in for this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenty View Post
    What do they do with all the little hats? They are very cute.
    Innocent put them on their small bottles of drink. For each one sold through sainsbury's they donate 25p to Help the Aged.
    They will be on Sainsbury's shelves from 21st November for about 3 weeks