Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Boot Fairs

Post Thanks / Like

I went to a car boot last weekend (the first in about 3 years) and although it wasn't massive due to the weather and there was no craft bits and bobs, I was in heaven because a lady was clearing out her shabby chic/folk art shop and everything was very reasonable. Whenever I buy items I like to play around with them i.e. paint them etc., so I was having a lovely time yesterday. Sad I know!

Post Thanks / Like

Good for you - if that's your thing - GO FOR IT!!!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

I like the excitement of the hunt! If I go to a shop to buy something particular I know what I am getting, but at a Boot Fair or jumble sale ANYTHING might show up ( or not).

craftycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thameside View Post
    Can you sell things on here or is it not allowed, i would think you might get a better price if your allowed to advertise what you have for sale on here, just a thought
    Folks do sell stuff on here, but not quite sure what the rules are.

Car boot sales are few and far between around here. Only one that I know of, run on bank holidays but I haven't made it for the last few years. Quite a lot of the tables were actually dealers and not very exciting.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds as if I have been very lucky at our local boot fair. My past hauls have included a Xyron electronic cutter, which I passed on to a work colleague when I invested ina Cricut, and a huge pile of 12 x 12 Basic Grey papers from a craft shop which had closed and was selling off the last remnants of stock.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I used to lurve jumble sales. Never been to a car boot sale as they don't tend to have any near where I live. :( Mind you I haven't been to a jumble for years either, not since the one I helped with for the Samaritans. I was really disgusted by the attitude of some of the buyers. Most of the stuff was selling for pennies anyway, but flippin' heck, many wanted stuff for nothing. It was for charity too, that is what upset me more than anything.

When I have bought from charity shops, I always add a little something extra to the price. I found a nice wee teapot yesterday for £1.99, ideal size for my herb teas. No idea which charity it was though, there are so many of 'em on Market Street, and was in and out of them like a yo-yo hunting for my teapot. When I have made up my mind I want somat, then I will find it, even if I have to turn Barnsley upside down and inside out. Well it never does the place any harm to have a good shaking! ;)

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Another good trip to the boot fair - bag containing 6 large pieces of aida and a box with 50 skeins of Madeira threads (all sorts including silk and metallic) for £4. That will keep my mini-crafters happy on Tuesday lunchtimes!!
    We are running a Mexican themed quiz night this evening to raise money for some young people going to Mexico to build houses for disadvantaged families. DH had the stick on bandit moustache, poncho and sombrero, but I have now bought him a pair of wooden maraccas for £1 in the hope that he can makes a noise with them to keep order while he bawls out the questions!!!! I just have to write the questions and add up the scores, so I reckon I get the easier part of the deal. :)

Post Thanks / Like

Think that's going to be the way to keep my stash levels up for a wee while!!!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

It is amazing what turns up in charity shops and boot fairs when people have lost interest in crafting. In our local animal rescue charity shop (I always look in there because they found our William for us) I picked up a file labelled knitting patterns and found it full of Lavender and Lace cross stitch patterns. Bought them all and the file for £5. One day I'll get around to making them!

Post Thanks / Like

The words "jammy" and "so-and-so" in one sentence springs to mind!!!!! But I can bear it CSF!