Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for help to make a crafty Christmas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for help to make a crafty Christmas

Hi all

I'm looking for some help. I'm very new to scrapbooking and crafting, so I don't know where to buy much stock. I'm looking for some fabric alphabet stickers which I have seen loads of people use on YouTube. They are small round stickers which have a real vintage feel. Youtuber amyvlovestv uses some in her video, homemade notebook. I hope they're not just a usa thing and i can get hold of them somewher in the uk, or something similar.

Also has anyone got some good suggestions for websites that sell materials at a good price? I only have a hobby craft store near me and I tend to find them a bit steep! I'm really into Tim Holtz, is there much else in his style in the world of craft?

Being a guy I'm not really into cupcakes and flowers. :rock:

Cheers all

Pip
    Attached Images Attached Images

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pip, welcome. When you say materials, do you mean in general craft supplies, or actual material, as in fabric?

Post Thanks / Like

Hi loobylou

Thanks, still finding my way round the site. Sorry yes just general scrapbooking / craft supplies.

Pip

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pip, welcome to the forum. I would recommend you look at the forum sponsors websites, and also Joanna Sheen's. They are all very good and between them you can find most things. Sorry can't help with the stickers.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the world is your Lobster as Del Boy would say

Joanna Sheen - excellent service. PnP free over £9
    Country View Crafts - Excellent Service PnP free
    Card Making Needs - Excellent Service PnP free over £18
    Maddylisacrafts - Excellent Service for Dies and Die cutting materials free PnP

All of our sponsors in the section above have wonderful things to offer. I am sure there are other sites that others will recommend but these were the first to come to my mind.......... be prepared to be poor, very poor, well before Christmas hits!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi budgie and loobylou

thanks for the suggestions. I will check out the sponsors to see what they have. It can be a bit overwhelming being a newbie. Just the amount of stuff on offer and knowing what some things are/what to do with them.

Yes going to be very poor I think. But it will all be worth it come Christmas Day I'm sure.

Pip

Post Thanks / Like

We are all poor too. Crafters have to get to like beans on toast, cos that is all you can afford when you have been tempted by all the latest must have goodies!

eyeful Guest

Never a truer word spoken Budgie :giggle:

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pip, pleased to meet you. Would like to add to the other website suggestions (other than our sponsors who offer a really good service), Cards of Distinction and Cutting Edge Crafts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    Hi Pip, pleased to meet you. Would like to add to the other website suggestions (other than our sponsors who offer a really good service), Cards of Distinction and Cutting Edge Crafts.
    Sam, Cards of Distinction is also known as Card Making Needs, and I agree it's excellent, as indeed is Cutting Edge Crafts