Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looking for help to make a crafty Christmas

craftycat Guest

And if you like the idea of stamping - Clarity stamps.

The only tip I can give for a beginner is that you shouldn't buy too much to start with, not until you know the sort of cardmaking you like best.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome I'd also pop in The Glitter Pot - my fave shop!

(by the way I think your Department store Jarrold's has a craft department)
    Last edited by Rentochops; 23-09-2012 at 07:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pip,
    Crafty Individuals have some more unusual stamps as well and look out for Lost Coast Designs - I think Laura at That's Crafty has a good selection of their stamps, also Paper Artsy. All good if you want to steer away from the more cutsy stuff.
    Crafty Cat is right, don't buy too much until you know what you like, sometimes too much is overwhelming and you just don't know where to start. If I had to keep just a few things it would be my stamps, distress inks, promarkers and a stack of white card.
    I should listen to myself - I have so much stuff that I never use!!!!:grin:

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys

Thanks to everyone who's replied, so far :-) It's great to see so many people are ready to share their thoughts, it's a big help.
    Already writing a wish list of what I would like, then going to see what is the essentials for the projects I'm starting first.

@susan w yes I have two distress pads, really like the effect on page edges, may have to look into pro markers.
    @rentochops pants I forgot about jarrolds! Did find a few bits at the works so was impressed.
    @craftycat i have a few stamps and have tried embossing this afternoon, with not too bad results

Pip

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Pip, welcome to the forum. Hobbycraft are steep on somethings but can be reasonable and do have some Tim Holtz items for sale. Also, it might be worth you going to one of the in-store demos to get some ideas of how to use the things you have (or are about to buy). I agree with the above suppliers, I use Cutting Edge Crafts quite a bit and Craft Superstore. Craftsite are fairly reasonable too but, as others have said, it is easy to get carried away! Maybe decide on one idea for your Christmas makes and you will be surprised how soon you have a box full of ideas to try and a shopping wish list!

Post Thanks / Like

Another good one is Cardcraft-UK. Use them a lot. Usually a bit cheaper than c&c and free p&p over £10.

I think stamps are down to personal taste. There are lots of different brands, and most of them are good. If you are ever unsure about anything, if you ask on here, people who already have what you are interested in will give you their honest opinions. Wish I had found this forum when I first started crafting. Would have saved a fortune!

englishminx Guest

The one thing I was add, don't be fooled by things which are cheap sometimes they are cheap for a reason.

Definitely suggest Laura at that's crafty, lots of steam punk grungy goodies, some great stamp brands and lots and lots of paper artsy including their lovely messy fresco paints. Great service as are all the sponsors

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Post Thanks / Like

@jenty that's a really good point about the hobby craft demos. I'll have to keep an eye out to see when something is on at my local one.
    tee hee @budgie. Yes is there a specific area in the forum for questions like what's a die cut and how does it work? Or is this one fine. Thanks @englishminx messy fresco paints sound interesting. Ooh Tim Holt tags of 2012 on that's crafty....

Pip

Post Thanks / Like

Craft Obsessions have a good price for Distress Inkpads at the moment if you are after some more, they're £3.50 and P&P is free over £10.00. I've used them before and the service is good.

Post Thanks / Like

I see you are a Tweeter @Pip :) Sorry, couldn't resist teasing!