Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Non receipt of cards

Post Thanks / Like

thameside I have sent you a pm as I still have a space on my birthday swap if you are interested in joining.
    Fi x

Post Thanks / Like

Sugarplum, the list you sent me is starting the end of this year isn't it? I'm scared I've gone and done something wrong (again) :thinking:
    I have learnt to keep an open mind, but not to be so open minded my brains fall out

Post Thanks / Like

I feel I may as well come out of the closet and admit that I am one of the culprits referred to but in my defense cannot fulfil my card swap obligations. This is because its too painful to make cards, as my MS is playing up ATM but I am hopeful I will be able to make cards to send *unbirthday* cards for those missed, when I am able. I am not going on the woe is me bandwagon, its unfortunate but beyond my or anyone else's control, some things just are and you have to suck it up and get on with it.

What is adding to the problem is worrying about my Mum and my daughter and I am sure you will understand that stress adds to problems with MS. I am almost daily receiving calls from the nursing home about my Mum, she is very unwell and believe you me, seeing your Mum like this is heartbreaking but beyond my control. That in a nutshell is how the situation is. my problem to deal with as best I can, I don't want your pity but I would appreciate no snide comments either as I have found them hurtful.

Post Thanks / Like

Spainjane - you sent me a birthday card, so don't worry! Lorraine honey, why didn't you just message Jan, we would have understood. I'm surprised if I've identified the other missing one - hope it's just a case of it went astray in the post!!!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to say - if you're doing one next year Jan - count me in!!!
    Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LorraineJ View Post
    I feel I may as well come out of the closet and admit that I am one of the culprits referred to but in my defense cannot fulfil my card swap obligations. This is because its too painful to make cards, as my MS is playing up ATM but I am hopeful I will be able to make cards to send *unbirthday* cards for those missed, when I am able. I am not going on the woe is me bandwagon, its unfortunate but beyond my or anyone else's control, some things just are and you have to suck it up and get on with it.

What is adding to the problem is worrying about my Mum and my daughter and I am sure you will understand that stress adds to problems with MS. I am almost daily receiving calls from the nursing home about my Mum, she is very unwell and believe you me, seeing your Mum like this is heartbreaking but beyond my control. That in a nutshell is how the situation is. my problem to deal with as best I can, I don't want your pity but I would appreciate no snide comments either as I have found them hurtful.
    I haven't seen any snide comments Lorraine. All you had to do was send Little Jan a PM. It would have taken less time than writing the above post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Comfrey View Post
    Sugarplum, the list you sent me is starting the end of this year isn't it? I'm scared I've gone and done something wrong (again) :thinking:
    your fine It did start with Janice in December however I have sent everyone a pm today as Thameside has now joined and her birthday is november So she will be the first card you have to make If you ever get muddled just pm me and Ill keep you right

Fi
    Sorry Jan didnt mean to highjack your thread

Post Thanks / Like

Actually, I have given you a carefully edited version of what is going on and I am possibly more sensitive to the snide comments and it is not how the comments are put, its the way I have taken them. In short, yes I do feel guilty and wanted to redress the balance publicly, as I interpreted some of the previous posts as having a go at me and another no show.

When it was my birthday earlier this year, I had four or five "no shows" but thought the people concerned may have sent cards I did not receive but there is no way I would have had a hissy fit because someone had forgotten. I am not saying everyone is having a fit over forgotten cards but we have to remember that life can and does throw us some awful things which you have to suck up and get on with it and not worry about swapping pieces of carefully crafted paper.

Post Thanks / Like

No one is having a "hissy fit" Lorraine. Little Jan is the organizer and she has asked us ALL to let her know if we are unable to send cards. Nothing more, nothing less. Seems fair and reasonable to me. As I said, sending her a PM would only involve typing a few words, not long posts. It's the lack of communication that's discourteous,and not the failure to send a "piece of carefully crafter paper".

Post Thanks / Like

May I remind everyone that I was actually trying to preserve Little Jan's feelings and did not want to rub salt in her wounds, because of her own "issues" ie postings she has made herself in recent weeks.

I have organised several Secret Santa swaps in recent years and been happy to do so but have had a few people not make cards for other members, though the recipients have not cast me as the "fall guy" and I do not have the slightest idea why this has happened, people do this sort of thing, they don't send cards because they find they can't. I did not take it personally but dislike the idea of a "big sister" telling me what to do, when I will do the right thing as soon as I am able.