Thread: Cricut Gypsy- help please

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cricut Gypsy- help please

I want to sell my gypsy. The cartridges on it are liked to my Expression2. I phoned Provocraft and asked if the cartridges can be deleted ( I am very new to all things Provocraft), they said they could not be deleted
    Will the buyer be able to use to linked cartridges on their cricut machine? I will of course inform them that they are linked to my machine.
    Any help, advice will be greately appreciated.

viv

Post Thanks / Like

The answer is yes the cartridges can be linked so use it as a selling point, You can also sell your real cartridges on a web site etc but need to be honest and say they have been linked to a gypsy, so the buyer know they can't link them. Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jube View Post
    The answer is yes the cartridges can be linked so use it as a selling point, You can also sell your real cartridges on a web site etc but need to be honest and say they have been linked to a gypsy, so the buyer know they can't link them. Good luck.
    Thanks jube for your help. So many rules and regulations with Provo Craft regarding their various machines and the lack of consistency between said machines
    and software(e.g the craft room and the gypsy), the cartridge linking,
    the inability to unregister or delete... I spent a few exhausting days trying to find my way through this maze, so your help is greatly appreciated. I do realise that PC need to safeguard their interest but they are almost paranoid! making life very difficults indeed for the crafter
    It felt like breaking into a secretive circle of national security!

Post Thanks / Like

According to the user licence displayed when you link a cartridge to your gypsy you cannot delete the cartridge. they say you have to sell all carts on your gypsy with your gypsy. not very practicle. there are lots of people who buy carts load them on their gypsy then sell them on. they are on a sticky wicket there if provocraft find out about it. i have had a gypsy since it launched and love it. use it all the time. it's great for squeezing as much on a mat as possible. i have tried the new craft room but it keeps freezing or is slow. I work in a school and we bought an expression machine. at the moment I use my carts as we dont have the money to buy carts and we cant use craft room because of the set up of our server. I take my gypsy into school when needed. Do you have many carts linked and what were you selling it for?

englishminx Guest

That is interesting, because i have also read that you need to own the original cartridge to be licenced to use them. so the only way legitimately you can sell a gypsy with carts on it, is selling the original carts with the package. They class it as a digitial copy. There are hundreds on ebay though, and only a few get pulled.