Thread: cottage cutz

Post Thanks / Like

Default cottage cutz

l just brought the cottage cutz nativity silhouette die, l have been trying to get a clean cut in my Grand Cailbur 160 paper will cut but have tried using cardstock it will not cut out

any help would be welcome

thanks xxx

Post Thanks / Like

I had the same problem with that die. It was OK when I used waxed paper and heavy weight black paper, but no joy when I used mirri card. I am going to try again turning the die to get pressure in different places to see if that will work.

Post Thanks / Like

The presure is different in different places on the GC, I find that really lacy dies won't cut in the middle of the plates so I use them near the edge if possible. I always use a tumble drier sheet on the die before I cut with CC dies as they tend to be quite intricate.

Post Thanks / Like

Well had another go with this die after posting about it yesterday, took some of the rubber off that you put on ridge side of the die that came with the die, put this thought the big shot some of the intricate parts had to put though twice only tried 160 paper (staples) will see if card stock will cut with this die.

l did put this die though the Grand Calibur using the top part of the board to cut it seem's that small intricate dies are really not for cutting with the Grand Calibur

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glynisrose View Post
    The presure is different in different places on the GC, I find that really lacy dies won't cut in the middle of the plates so I use them near the edge if possible. I always use a tumble drier sheet on the die before I cut with CC dies as they tend to be quite intricate.
    Thanx for the tip,i will try that. jo

craftycat Guest

Cottage cuts seem to be like the Go Kreate ones, awful sticky foam meant to be put on them which stops the die cutting properly.

I've spent the afternoon trying out my new Spellbinder dies. The lattice one is a bit of a faff but plonking a couple of layers of shim in the middle of the die seems to get a result. Managed to break two nails in the process though, mainly as there was so much sticky tape all over the dies to hold them in the display packet.