Thread: Inspiration!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Inspiration!!

I have lots of various make christmas dies and I was a bit stumped for inspiration, one of them was the Marianne large Lantern which I used once last year and didn't think there was any other way of using it but as a flat topper. Well, after googling and yahooing I found some rather interesting ways of using it!!

Still looking for inspiration on the snowflakes though, I have large ones (Spellbinders and Marianne) and small ones that you can stack to make much more impressive snowflakes!!

I did get some interesting variations on the bauble dies I have too, but please if anyone has any ideas... help!!!

craftycat Guest

I'm planning to do some snowflakes with added glitter so you get more of a 3D effect.

Have just been drooling over the blog that Rich (Country View crafts) has posted. Halloween tags using distressed ink pads and glimmery stuff. Would have thought it would work well with the Christmas baubles. Changing colours from the Halloween ideas maybe, although rusty looking baubles would look quite good with my cinnamon stick bunches and dried orange rings on my country style tree. Make the baubles more bling maybe with added card candy.

Oh dear, I haven't got any Christmas bauble dies but think I need some now.

Post Thanks / Like

I have some of the Sparkle Medium from Imagination Crafts and am planning to use that on my snowflake die cuts to give them an even more christmassy feel, the same with the bauble dies.

There are some wonderful cards on Sue Wilson's blog, I love taking inspiration from those because even if you dont have the exact die she uses you can often adapt to fit what you do have. That said, I must find myself a nice deer die to adapt for a couple of the cards she has done.