Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Crafting This Week (2 Nov - 8 Nov)

Post Thanks / Like

Gorgeous card Dips, lots of work in that.

Here's what I've been up - work in progress - messing around with paints and stamps and wooden christmas ornament blanks that I got a couple of years ago in Tesco.

Post Thanks / Like

Wish I'd seen some of those blanks in Tesco, they're brill - as is Dips dads card.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, it's good to see you getting messy again, Phree. I think I spot a Glenda stamp (good to know that some things never change) :)

For everyone else, do post piccies if you can this weekend, or just jump in and tell us what you're up to crafty wise! It's "such fun" to quote Miranda to see what we're all up to!

Post Thanks / Like

At the weekend I was at a Christmas workshop and did this. I wanted to make a "Homespun" bauble first.

This was small - about tennis ball size.

Then I made a glittery one

This was much bigger - if I had made the next size down I would only have had to do 8 segments
    Think this links to my Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/chucklemouse/

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely baubles Granny Penny, I love the teal colour in the second one.

Dips, yes there is a Glenda stamp in the photo, and another of the ornaments is stamped with a second Glenda stamp.

Heading back to my brayering now - I've been overcooking my attempts today - kinda out of practice I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

Granny Penny is this the technique where you kind of tuck the edges into a styrofoam ball? They look very impressive!

Post Thanks / Like

It's funny how it feels if you haven't done something for a while Phree but I think there is a craft equivalent of muscle memory that gets going once you start again.

craftycat Guest

Lovely cards and crafts folks.

I've not done much today. Dolls' house jobs though. Varnished a little office chair I had made from a kit. Started gluing together a cake stand type thingy. I would describe it more as a tea table. Started dressing the cook doll. I'd been looking at her for weeks and she just didn't look right. I had made her from a kit and copied the instructions exactly from pictures. Pictures were wrong though - the arms/hands were back to front. Just as well I hadn't dressed her as I wouldn't have been able to sort the mistake then.

No pictures, sorry. But to give you an idea the house I am working on is late Victorian style.

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful card Dips, does your Dad like ice cream? My hubby does lol.

Phree it looks like you are doing a great job with the ornament blanks, I keep meaning to do something like that.

Love the baubles too GP.

I've just been cross stitching, nearly finished the Safari sunset kit.
    Last edited by Waterlily; 02-11-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I like this thread and there is no such thing as "just" Pam. I always feel envious when you talk about dolls house crafts CC but I mustn't even LOOK an another craft at the moment :grin: