Thread: Grand Calibur

Post Thanks / Like

Default Grand Calibur

Have been shopping in Hobbycraft today and in my local branch there was a large stack of Grand Caliburs for £70. I'm not in the market for one as I'm happy with my Cricut and Big Shot, but I thought it was a good price for people hoping for one as a Chrissie pressie. Lots of magazines also have coupons for £4 off if you spend £20, which would bring the price down to £66.

Post Thanks / Like

They bought out a new model about January of this year? I suppose they're getting rid of old stock.

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't I see them on C & C sometime today at £60 or so?

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, C & C are emptying their warehouse too!! The new GC has a true A4 platform instead of an American letter platform so the new A4 embossing folders go through.

Teacherspet Guest

Those cuttlebug folders use two B plates the same as the ordinary cuttlebug embossing folders - so logically they should use the same sandwich in the GC... the following comes from the spellbinders website.

How do I use a Cuttlebug Embossing Plus Folder in my Spellbinders Grand Calibur Machine?
    Start with the A Base Plate on the bottom. Place the folder with cardstock on top of the A Base Plate and cover with the Tan Embossing Mat then the Grand Raspberry Plate. Insert into the front of the Spellbinders Grand Calibur Machine. Turn the handle and the sandwich exits at the back of the machine.

I have to say I use this sandwich for my cuttlebug folders and it works fine and I haven't bothered to get the white creative expressions plate (I know others have it, but it's not neccessary) only the raspberry one, since spellbinders give this in their FAQs it's what I follow and that saved me 12.99.

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glynisrose View Post
    Yeah, C & C are emptying their warehouse too!! The new GC has a true A4 platform instead of an American letter platform so the new A4 embossing folders go through.
    The Blockbuster deal that CC had recently was for the NEW A4 sized machine, not the one with the tray with the lip which is less than A4. Whilst I didn't like the fact that the GC didn't cut all the way across the plate, it's not because CC are emptying their warehouse of old stock as the machine was not one of the old ones at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Have just discovered a 25% off voucher for Hobbycraft in today's newspaper which would bring the price down to £52.50. At that price I am tempted, even if it is the older version!

Post Thanks / Like

wow that is a good price. jo