Thread: help with a cuttlebug die please

Post Thanks / Like

Default help with a cuttlebug die please

can someone who has a BUG & also a GC tell me IF the double whatsits [ the ones that cut & emboss with one pass ] tell me if they will go through a GC.....i dont have a BUG & have just got one of these fancy double thingy dies & i can send it back BUT i would LOVE to use it however ive never ever even touched one before & i would prefer to send it back untried if someone has the knowlege of them with the GC...i also have a double do xl with various plates........i dont want to have to buy a bug just so i can use a die..........many thanks in advance for any replies please.

Post Thanks / Like

oooh i can't help but would love to know the answer. jo

Somewhere amid the mess in my office/craftroom!
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't check with my GC as I'm not s'posed to have it yet. But I don't see any reason why they shouldn't work. Might have to use a shim or something, but usually stuff that works in one, works in them all.

Roz
    Always look on the bright side, if you can't find it then polish up the dull side.

https://rozneedlesandhooks.wordpress.com/ My Blog

Post Thanks / Like

You will need the universal plate, its a bit thinner than the ones that come with the GC so it should go through OK, just remember not to force it, if it feels too thick to go through then stop and take it out!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kinglake View Post
    oooh i can't help but would love to know the answer. jo
    i have the white plate so will give it a go after im a celeb...will post yeah or nah......thanks folks x

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RozMinis View Post
    I can't check with my GC as I'm not s'posed to have it yet. But I don't see any reason why they shouldn't work. Might have to use a shim or something, but usually stuff that works in one, works in them all.

Roz
    the one im on about is very thick compared to a spellbinder die or other THIN die......ive used cheery lyn ones that feel a little thicker BUT this is sort of 2 dies in one IYSWIM

Post Thanks / Like

What make is the die, iggy? I'm not sure which one you mean but I do have a variety so might have tried one.

Post Thanks / Like

righty ho....ive had a play & tried it with a good thickish paper & also some pearl stuff from CC......cant think of name as my problem leg is giving me sooooooo much grief i can hardly type.anyway it works with the CUTTING plate & the white one thats used for the embossing folders..think GR called it universal plate....so that works....NOW trouble is ive got a couple of memory box ones + spellbinders etc etc & now this has opened up yet another type to want after

Post Thanks / Like

Glad you got it to work. I've used pretty much every die in mine except the thick sizzix ones. If you have the white plate you can usually make up a sandwich that works with most of them.