Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: has anyone else got the fancy lattice die

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    :mysmilie_492:

JAMMY what a really lovely card. Being a newbie to die-cutting-embossing (I have the Happycut - which is a white JT) I am slowly building a die collection, what make is the one you're all having trouble with please? I have seen Jody from Tonic giving her intricate ones a smart tap which seems to release the bits. I have trouble with my Cameo sometimes, getting all the tiny pieces off the backing.
    jackamissis......were talking about the spellbinder fancy lattice die......its just all one size /pieces of same fancy shape of which there are loadsssss as the die is quite solid unlike most of the other dies it doesnt take to CUTTING the pieces out.....getting them out jodies way is OK so long as you dont have to vac up afterwards,,, i must be a strange creature as i love poking the bits out & like to cut a few shapes & then sit with a cuppa & poke them out,
    happy diecutting BUT be warned its addictive.......

Post Thanks / Like

Ha!Ha!Ha! Thanks Iggy (bet you like squashing the bubbles on bubble wrap too??!!)

Post Thanks / Like

I have cheated and made my own template of the fancy lattice to cut with my Cameo. O.k. I know no embossing but I can live without that.

I then without realising bought a downloaded template from the Silhouette store which is the same. :dull:
    Never mind it was only 50 cents as I bought it during the half price offer week.

I do like my Spellbinders but am finding the intricate ones a right royal pain to cut and get out of the dies. Yes baking parchment and tumble dryer sheets help, but I don't always remember to use them. :taphead:

Jacksmissis I use a Silhouette spatular to take my shapes off the cutting mat and an old bank card to scrap the bits off that are left.

Jammy your card is gorgeous. :up:

Post Thanks / Like

Eh up Dax!! thought you'd won the lottery and b.... off to exotic lands!! Yes I have the hooky thingy and the spatula, its just me that finds it tedious! I have the lattice one from Silhouette too, but like you say it doesnt emboss. Really like my Happycut too, havent had to try any of the aides for getting troublesome dies to release yet but made a note of what peeps use - just in case!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post

Ha!Ha!Ha! Thanks Iggy (bet you like squashing the bubbles on bubble wrap too??!!)
    oh i say how did you know that .....lol