Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crafty Makes & Crafty Chat Thread 10-16 Dec

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Crafty Makes & Crafty Chat Thread 10-16 Dec

This is a bit of a cheat, as I'm going to kick off with something that I made 10 years ago

However, I've enjoyed looking at other peeps' Christmas Felt projects so I thought I'd share with you my Christmas Tree skirt that I made over 10 years ago with a one of Carol Smith's Bucilla kits

And, yes, it did take blinking ages to hand sew on all those sequins and beads!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's beautiful Dips, I love the colours. I bought one of the Christmas tree skirts but it's the usual Christmas colours of green and red. It's still upstairs unfinished lol, infact I can't even remember if I started it. It's a Carol Smith one too.

I did a couple of things you hang on the door handles too from one of her kits. Might take a pics later to join you in cheating lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Pam - one of the reasons that I loved this particular kit was because it was in contemporary colours. I never decorate in Red & Green, so I can remember at the time that the moment I saw this one come on the screen, I was off to order it! It does come out every year, but I think it took me about 2-3 months to make in total (on and off)!

Post Thanks / Like

That's lovely Dips and, to be honest, I don't think it matters when you made it - it's relevant and I love the colours. Good name for the thread btw.
    Last edited by Granny Penny; 10-12-2012 at 06:39 PM.
    Think this links to my Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/chucklemouse/

Post Thanks / Like

It's Gorgeous :)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Dips, I really don't remember seeing it and in those days I had QVC on all the time. I know that like you I would have jumped to the phone to order it. Blue is my favourite colour and I love the white decorations.

Here are my two door handle thingies

Post Thanks / Like

Love your door handle thingies Pam. I think I will have to look for kits for doing next year.
    Think this links to my Pinterest board http://www.pinterest.com/chucklemouse/

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Pam, they are lovely! I really don't know why QVC stopped doing these kits, they were always so popular. I know that Carol Smith stopped travelling over, but C&C show that a UK person, properly trained, can be as good if not better than the US guest.

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely makes ladies.
    Jo

Post Thanks / Like

Default The Crafty Makes & Crafty Chat Thread 10-16 Dec

Lovely Dips and Pam. Great to see things that are brought out time and again, just shows they were made to last.