Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do Crafts mag in Sainsbury's comes with Chronology CD and free stamp

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

My Niece picked it up from my local paper shop today for me. Well I needed cheering up, lol

Teacherspet Guest

I loaded the cd onto my PC and had a play this afternoon. They have included the four urban stamps (each one is 4" x 4") from the collection so no need to buy them now and at £3.99 each (I think) that saved a few more pennies for something else. The backing paper selection looks like it's the same selection of colours and designs as the paper pad. I also tried some of the programme features and I'm enjoying trying out the digital designer.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been having a look at what else comes in this range - I feel a bit of a spend coming on.

Thanks for the info about the stamps Teacherspet - that will save a few pennies,

Post Thanks / Like

Can only partially get mine to work I can get the postcards, papers, ribbons and something else... mind wanders, can't remember lol but not the greetings, buttons, brads, decoupage and all the fiddly stuff. The stuff is on the CD, but I can't access it through the software iyswim?

Probably needs a bit more of a fiddle, I shall uninstall (again lol) and try once more before bed

Teacherspet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by juzzab View Post
    Can only partially get mine to work I can get the postcards, papers, ribbons and something else... mind wanders, can't remember lol but not the greetings, buttons, brads, decoupage and all the fiddly stuff. The stuff is on the CD, but I can't access it through the software iyswim?

Probably needs a bit more of a fiddle, I shall uninstall (again lol) and try once more before bed
    When I loaded my cd the digital designer loaded first and then it asked me to import cd to library - which I did.
    Then when I started a project I clicked on the library tab at the top right of the screen and each section appeared as an envelop down the right hand side of the screen and I opened each section from there.

Maybe you got a faulty disk..... I hope it loads for you second time round.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Teacherspet View Post
    When I loaded my cd the digital designer loaded first and then it asked me to import cd to library - which I did.
    Then when I started a project I clicked on the library tab at the top right of the screen and each section appeared as an envelop down the right hand side of the screen and I opened each section from there.

Maybe you got a faulty disk..... I hope it loads for you second time round.
    Thanks! Husband tried on his and it worked fine! It never asked me to import the cd... how rude!! But when I tried to, it insisted there was nothing to import. So hubby talked me through copying and pasting the missing files into where they should have been... if that makes sense? lol

craftycat Guest

took a while to work out how to do anything once the disc and digital designer were installed Pleased with the result though and the stamp alone was worth getting the magazine for. I only get the magazine if the freebie is something I want.

Teacherspet Guest

If you go onto
    www.docrafts.com

use the hot link to the digital designer there are some video tutorials on there for various features which I found very helpful. Best part is you can change the colour of the backing papers giving you more options than the preprinted papers.
    You can also download a free copy of the digital designer if you haven't got the disc.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a huge issue with the latest DoCrafts release - not normally taken with them, maybe the odd one or two bits n bobs....Fell in love with the Chronology collection & am desperately trying not to buy all of it (but have got quite a few bits). Thought the Vintage Notes collection was pretty, but already have a chunk of similar stuff in my stash...then I caught Jo Austin doing on C&C & came to the conclusion that I needed that design set too...:blush: And I even treated myself to the mag with just the stamps. Vaguely tempted to see if I can find the mag with the CD, but not overly bothered about it as such - plus hubby already thinks the lappy is running slow enough without loading up a design programme...
    Don't get your knickers in a twist; nothing is solved & it makes you walk funny....

My Womblings

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

If you get the cd though Welly you also get all the stamps as digis!