Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jenty's birthday cards

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jenty's birthday cards

I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed opening these exquisite cards. I was by myself and it took me over half an hour to open, study and ooooh over them. I have described how I think they have been made but please step in to correct me or elaborate. I apologise for my photography if I haven't picked up the true colours.

Here we go, in no particular order as the saying goes:

Pam
    By the postmark I am sure this is from Pam (there was no signature). The flowers and wording on the panel are stitched and are so beautiful. You are so clever and have also chosen my favourite colours.

Pam.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Julie
    An amazing easel (literally!) card. Beautifully coloured with a subtle shine on the flowers, then framed to perfection and mounted on the easel.

Julie.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

This will take me a little while (supposed to be working)

Rainbowwand
    A stunning bodice with a bit of glitter and feathers on a pale green background. Gorgeous.

Rainbowwand.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Suban (and Timmy)
    This is so beautiful; I just love the colours that tone so well with the backing card. I think Timmy must have lent a paw with the ribbon.

suban.jpg
    Last edited by jenty; 07-01-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ribbons
    What a great idea for a card – I just love it. It’s a long story but my ambition is to visit Venice. I did see it from a ship but it was too wet to visit. Now you have brought it to me in this beautiful monochrome design

Ribbons.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Spendsloads
    A fun card with a little gift inside, thank you. I admire anyone who can do decoupage and this is done so well. The book and wine says it all, really.

Spendsloads 01.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Ageless
    What a spectacular card. Another one with lovely colours and so beautifully made. The little brown butterflies on the small toppers are layered on top, the topper is neatly stamped and glittered (yeah, love glitter!), there are little matching pearls on the background. Every detail has been thought of with the inside verse put on a topper and layered onto paper that matches the small toppers on the front.

Ageless.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Mitzi
    This is a cheerful card that made me smile. The colours are perfect, the cake is stamped, coloured and glittered with faux stitching round the edge of the topper. If you stamped the sentiment, I want to know how you did it without smudging – it is so neat. Thank you, too, for the treat inside the card, very useful.

Mitzi.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

JSC
    This is such a nice card. Is the background die cut? It’s very effective. Then I think you have used glitter paste or something like that on the design. It feels very soft, like flocked paper. Beautiful.

JSC.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Spendsloads
    Yes, this is the second from Spends, she was so carried away with things over Christmas she forgot she had send me a card already. She kindly said I could keep the both, aren’t I lucky? I would have had a huge problem deciding which to return. I am intrigued to know how you made the background. I hope it shows on the photo, it’s a very subtle pattern that is then echoed in the flowers on the topper.

Spendsloads.jpg