Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A New Storage Solution

Post Thanks / Like

What we ladies and gents who craft need to do is put our heads together and come up with something that is pretty, practical and adaptable to any area whether large or small. Can be freestanding or moveable, has drawers of various depths and sizes, paper trays for A4, 12 x 12, 14 x 14, 16 x 16 and A3, can be decorated if you want to personalise it or look good left naked and can be added to as our stash grows and all those things we absolutely MUST have make their way into our craft rooms.

And then we need to find someone who will manufacture it without thinking Yes these idiots I mean dedicated crafters will pay anything to keep their stash stored and not charge us a premium just because we want our stash stored in a way we can use it and not forget we had it.

In the picnic basket next to the jam sandwiches
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by morgana123 View Post
    What we ladies and gents who craft need to do is put our heads together and come up with something that is pretty, practical and adaptable to any area whether large or small. Can be freestanding or moveable, has drawers of various depths and sizes, paper trays for A4, 12 x 12, 14 x 14, 16 x 16 and A3, can be decorated if you want to personalise it or look good left naked and can be added to as our stash grows and all those things we absolutely MUST have make their way into our craft rooms.

And then we need to find someone who will manufacture it without thinking Yes these idiots I mean dedicated crafters will pay anything to keep their stash stored and not charge us a premium just because we want our stash stored in a way we can use it and not forget we had it.
    So basically we want a Craft Tardis for 50p?

Post Thanks / Like

oh gosh i really want that!!
    Jo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LoobyLou View Post
    So basically we want a Craft Tardis for 50p?

Exactly lol

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone know anyone equipped to make such a beast send him to me and I will help design it.

Post Thanks / Like

The Armoire has an rrp of $250 and is out in April.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Is that the thing hanging over the door Julie? Good lord above, defo stick to the shoe hangers then. Some of these companies must think we button up the back or something if they think that most of us are happy to pay that for a bit of storage

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Julie View Post
    Biddy hell HOW MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looby while he may not be able to make a tardis for 50p a work colleagues hubby is working on an ink pad rack and ink duster storage unit for me at the moment. He recently lost his job so unfortunately has a lot of free time but not a lot to do in it. He is very good with all things wood so have told him what I ideally want and he is going to try to transfer my wants into reality lol. I mentioned to her that I was looking at buying an expedit unit, just had to work out how much with all the boxes etc and whether the sizes would work with the different sizes of card, paper etc I have and she said why not get hubby to see if he can sort something for you and he could customise the width and openings to fit your different storage boxes and machines etc.

So I just have to jot down what I would ideally like and he will design something and let me know the cost. The advantage is I can utilise the boxes and drawers I already have, just get them stored in a more workable way lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by morgana123 View Post
    Biddy hell HOW MUCH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looby while he may not be able to make a tardis for 50p a work colleagues hubby is working on an ink pad rack and ink duster storage unit for me at the moment. He recently lost his job so unfortunately has a lot of free time but not a lot to do in it. He is very good with all things wood so have told him what I ideally want and he is going to try to transfer my wants into reality lol. I mentioned to her that I was looking at buying an expedit unit, just had to work out how much with all the boxes etc and whether the sizes would work with the different sizes of card, paper etc I have and she said why not get hubby to see if he can sort something for you and he could customise the width and openings to fit your different storage boxes and machines etc.

So I just have to jot down what I would ideally like and he will design something and let me know the cost. The advantage is I can utilise the boxes and drawers I already have, just get them stored in a more workable way lol.
    You lucky girl. Hope you get what you want.

I know you obviously want some lovely wooden designed thing for your inkpads, dusters etc., but my inkpads are stored on a rack I got at the tip for £1 and my ink dusters in a empty sweet container I got for free. I really must get round to taking pics and posting them.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, it's not cheap - but depending on the build quality I'd certainly consider paying that for one. Storage is at a real premium in my house and anything that can help tidy it up, and still look good is valuable to me.
    Scrappy Soo - my paper, ink and all things glittery blog
    Things Soo Likes - my knitting blog