Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is the ATC swap going to start again?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Is the ATC swap going to start again?

Just wondering if these swaps were going to start up again?

Many thanks xxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Have you been sitting on my shoulder Craftymum? I've been thinking about ATC swaps recently. I already belong to two.
    Lorraine used to run this swap but she may not want to take it on again with her and her mum's health issues.
    Perhap we could use this thread to decide if we want themes each month and how many ATCs to swap. And if there's enough members interested (and it's ok with Lorraine) I would be happy to organise it.

Post Thanks / Like

I thought no-one was interested so kept quiet on suggesting the swap started again. However, if Pyjama Princess would like to take over I am quite happy.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lorraine - I know you have enough to cope with so thought you wouldn't want to take this on again.
    So is anyone interested? It won't be much fun with just 2 of us LOL!
    I was thinking of 2 ATCs on a set theme, sent to me by 27th of each month with an SAE. You'll then get 2 ATCs back that have been made by 2 other people. We'd then post our thanks and photos on the forum. You don't have to commit to joining every month - just dip in and out as you feel able to.
    The above is just a guide so if anyone wants to make suggestions just shout out.
    Over to the rest of you!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Pyjama princess, looks like Lorraine might be right and there isn't any interest

Post Thanks / Like

I will give it a go have never made an ATC but did buy a book by Leonie years ago so count me in.

Post Thanks / Like

Hurrah! That's 3 of us! I used to hate doing ATCs Agelesscraft - got myself in a right state! It's now dawned on me that the theme is open to your interpretation so you can't go wrong!
    I'll keep this thread going for a week (dropping hints around the forum!) and see how many others want to join in. I'll then start another thread with how it all works and things like ATC size. Now start spreading the word around the forum please!

Post Thanks / Like

If you can find it PP you are welcome to modify the ATC guide I wrote substituting your own name if it will help you and save duplicating work. I still have quite a few ATC blanks ready for decorating so will be quite happy to have a go again to make up the numbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Lorraine. And of course you'd be most welcome to join in - I'd consider it to be an honour actually seeing as how you used to run the swap.
    Years ago I bought ATC blanks but they've almost run out now. I'm going to make my own now though as I make 5 ATCs a month without this swap- I've already designed the back and saved it to Word. So if any one wants a copy they're welcome. I don't think it's worth buying them ready made. You can buy rubber stamps to stamp the back if you don't want to print them from the PC.

Post Thanks / Like

There's 4 of at the moment - anyone else interested? I'm not doing a February swap so there's plenty of time - just have to think of a theme for March then we're ready to go.