Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SpainJane's birthday cards

Post Thanks / Like

Gosh what a beautiful array of cards !

Hope your finger feels less painful soon Jane.

Dips, the black frondy bits were done on my Cricut, the flower was made from Tonic dies.

Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone has excelled themselves! Breathtakingly beauiful cars everyone. Hope the finger stops hurting soon Jane.
    Janet
    'Misspent youth, overspent middle age'

englishminx Guest

Jane

Glad you had a lovely birthday, and what an amazing array of cards, its amazing what pleasure cards can bring.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi jane I can't see my card and I posted it at least 2 weeks early
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

I remember having a moan at the girl who served me as she put a normal 1st class on my BIL's card instead of large even though she charged me for large, and also had to remind her that yours needed air mail sticker when she just popped it on the side with a pile of other letters.
    Even though it is not my fault I feel bad it never arrived.
    You don't have to be as mad as a box of frogs to be here but it helps:mysmilie_13:

Post Thanks / Like

a beautiful selection of cards

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for sharing these. They are all so lovely and it's great see all the different styles. Very inspiring! I hope you are well Jane and the finger stops hurting soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to let you all know that my card from Little Jan that she posted to me on January 12th has finally limped in!! Must have come by donkey, even though it had an airmail sticker on. Camera battery currently recharging so will post a picture when I am back in business.

Jane

Post Thanks / Like

Beautiful cards; some people on here are so talented!

Jane, hope your finger isn't too badly injured and gets better quickly. Thanks for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh and according to Royal Mail, post to Europe shouldn't need an air mail sticker. I promise you that what I am about to say is true, even though it's almost unbelievable...

For post going outside Europe, you can choose to send something Air Mail (87p for under 10 grams*) or Surface Mail (77p for the same weight.) Within Europe, there is no option and only one price - 87p, and it will go at the same speed whether you use an airmail sticker or not. So you can send something to the other side of the world (like Australia) 10p CHEAPER than you can send something to a next-door country (France or Ireland, say.)

That was my interpretation of the info on the RM website but I couldn't believe it, so I emailed them to clarify, and they confirmed it. I sent a postcard to Taiwan recently and put a 77p stamp on it, and it got there in about 10 days, so that must have gone air mail for a bargain price.

* I know that birthday cards weigh a lot more than 10g but it's the principle of the thing. If a card is big and/or heavy enough to qualify as a packet or parcel, rather than going letter post, then there is surface mail within Europe for parcel post, just not for letters.