Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feel a bit strange about this

Post Thanks / Like

It's cheating - SIMPLES!!!! Then to blog it is just plain rude!!!!!

Can I asure the folks on here that the only recycling of their cards that I do is to put their fab cards out on display at various times of year - Christmas cards coming out every year, birthday cartds etc! BTW my secret Valentine is still on my windowsill as I can't bear to put it into storage yet and still haven't managed to find an appropriate frame to put it in to hang on the wall!!!!
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Sometimes I'm indecisive, other times I just can't make my mind up :mysmilie_515:

Post Thanks / Like

I also think what this person has done is out of order. Taking your work and passing it off is her own is wrong. I couldn't and wouldn't do this.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

http://craftylorraine.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for your responses and your kind words. I've thought about this a lot since yesterday and I've decided that I'm not going to confront the person.

We have had enough upsets on here over the last few months and I don't want to start another war, CraftTelly is more important to me than a card I spent a few hours making and sent in friendship. No-doubt, they would strenuously deny "passing-off" and then my lovely friends on here would feel very conflicted as to who they believe, and things could get vey nasty. I don't want that at all.

As this is someone that I have quietly helped in the past, at the end of the day, they have got to look at themselves in the mirror and decide if they like what they see. I know that I can do that without having to look away.

Once again, thank you for all kind words, I feel a lot better having talked about it and I'm now going to put this silly episode behind me.
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

My Craft Blog - DipsDesigns.com My Pinterest Boards My Youtube Craft Videos

Post Thanks / Like

I think you have made the right decision Dips.

http://craftylorraine.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I wholeheartedly agree with you dips on every thing you have said and although I don't join in swaps at the moment I have done in the past and have taken great delight and inspiration from the cards I received and still have intact. I also think that you have come to the right conclusion and hopefully whoever it is will understand the upset and hopefully may not of realised the hurt it would cause you. You never know you may get an apology without having to say anything.

www.cardkrafting4fun.blogspot.com

Post Thanks / Like

I also agree with your actions Dips, I have all the cards received from the swaps and treasure them all .Have learnt a lot from them,and as I have said before I sometimes copy/case cards from the internet always changing little bits but they help me a lot when inspiration is on holiday.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure I would be so forgiving Dips and hope the person concerned reads this thread. As Susan has put it is pure and simple CHEATING!!!!!!!, to enter it into a blog competition without some acknowlegdement to you. It's not fair to others who have entered the blog if that person wins as it's not all their own work.

Post Thanks / Like

As Dips has chosen to drop the matter for the sake of the forum, maybe we should all just leave it there and respect her wishes.
    Likes 5 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What a dilemma! I think it is very generous Dips to let it lie and I suppose that you can take comfort from the fact that it is a sort of back handed compliment but I'd be upset too if it happened to me. It is cheating and more than a bit disturbing that someone who joins in swaps here would stoop so low. I am also a bit surprised because all the swaps I have seen on here have been so good that anyone should have enough faith in their own talent and not feel the need to pass off your work in this way.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Janet
    'Misspent youth, overspent middle age'