Thread: My crafty buy bargain of the day

Post Thanks / Like

Default My crafty buy bargain of the day

At auction today I bought a 1960's sewing table/box with contents for £22 plus charges (15% and Vat) - to me it was a steal, crammed full of lots of buttons - many fabric that are inkable, threads, ribbons and odds to add to my stash plus a lot of stuff i don't really need as already have so will sell on, the box itself is great size for in front of sofa working on as higher than a nest of tables or standard coffee table but not overly high! has sliding top which fits A3 (approx 2ft x 1.5ft) size more than adequately and you don't have to move everything to open like flip tops, inside is deep with ridge for tool box compartments to sit on so great for storing what you use all time and need to hand - am well chuffed so hunt round your local auctions for great additions to your stash am looking forward to sorting it tomorrow properly :sun:

Post Thanks / Like

Default My crafty buy bargain of the day

Well done, love unusual finds. Have only been to an auction once but was fun watching the bidding.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like an excellent buy - lucky you:up:

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent, and also it probably came from a house clearance, so it's really being passed from one keen crafter to another, which is lovely.

Post Thanks / Like

Oooh! It sounds wonderful! A friend gave me her mum's old sewing table (she doesn't sew herself). It still had some old needle packs and other bits in. It needed re-lining so I've done that and added a lovely crystal knob to the drawer. I love it and my friend is pleased because she knows it's still being used and treasured, like her mum used to.

I keep trying to design a crafting lap tray/desk (don't want crafters companion-type with embossing lines on) so that I can still craft when my back is playing up.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I'm known in our town for loving craft, so on several occasions DH has returned from funeral visits laden with the deceased's knitting and sewing supplies which the relatives are only too grateful to find a home for. I agree with what Debo and Dips have said as these were treasured possessions that I really appreciate and which enables me to keep my craft club girls at school supplied with the materials they need for their projects. I'm sure the original owners would be glad their skills were being passed on to a new generation.

Post Thanks / Like

And proper reels of cotton!

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds lovely.
    Janet
    'Misspent youth, overspent middle age'

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds lovely. enjoy!