Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Craftwell vs Silhouette electronic cutters - am not sure which I should choose

Post Thanks / Like

:mysmilie_492:

Dax, thats stunning!! I'm another one with a Silhouette Cameo AMA, and I dont think I've scratched the surface yet with what it can do, compared with some other members! I think the Craftwell & the Cameo will have plusses and minuses as with anythong and it will be down to personal choice in the end BUT neither of them need expensive cartridges as with the Cricut range - altho I believe even they are changing now.
    Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksmissis View Post
    :mysmilie_492:

Dax, thats stunning!! I'm another one with a Silhouette Cameo AMA, and I dont think I've scratched the surface yet with what it can do, compared with some other members! I think the Craftwell & the Cameo will have plusses and minuses as with anythong and it will be down to personal choice in the end BUT neither of them need expensive cartridges as with the Cricut range - altho I believe even they are changing now.
    To be honest for cutting (apart from over hairy moulting pooch upsetting my cutting mat) my mini cricut has done me fine - I have not yet bought a cartridge have just used the one that came with my cake and the freebies plus if i like the weekly freebies I cut a batch of them in various sizes for future use (adds to my nice piles lol) - its just the lack of being able to import or do my cutting files I find frustrating as would like to be able to use some of the cutting files I have on cd for craft projects and am rubbish with knives and scissors as local hospital will verify

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AskMeAgain View Post
    To be honest for cutting (apart from over hairy moulting pooch upsetting my cutting mat) my mini cricut has done me fine - I have not yet bought a cartridge have just used the one that came with my cake and the freebies plus if i like the weekly freebies I cut a batch of them in various sizes for future use (adds to my nice piles lol) - its just the lack of being able to import or do my cutting files I find frustrating as would like to be able to use some of the cutting files I have on cd for craft projects and am rubbish with knives and scissors as local hospital will verify
    I think for that the Cameo will be perfect! I have used mine to cut pictures etc exported from Craft Artist and been really pleased with how it how it works. Straightforward and accurate.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

Scrappy Soo - my paper, ink and all things glittery blog
    Things Soo Likes - my knitting blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SooG View Post
    I think for that the Cameo will be perfect! I have used mine to cut pictures etc exported from Craft Artist and been really pleased with how it how it works. Straightforward and accurate.
    Thank you all decision made will be the silhoutte Cameo :-))

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure you'll love it AskMeAgain.
    My Crafty Little Blog - Lots of Claritystamp.

Post Thanks / Like

:mysmilie_497:

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations, I'm sure you will enjoy playing with it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AskMeAgain View Post
    Thank you all decision made will be the silhoutte Cameo :-))
    I hope you love it as much as I love mine. There is help, tutorials and file sharing on ukscrappers which GraphtecGB sponsor. GraphtecGB are also on Facebook.

LynneH and Dips your cards are amazing. :up: