Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cirttle"

Post Thanks / Like

Default "Cirttle"

Am I the only person that has noticed that the Tonic lady... (I think it's Jody) can't pronounce the word "Circle"? She always says "Cirttle"..............Arghhh!!! Im sorry if I am offending anybody but It does my head in!! LOL!! Just been watching the 8am show and alreay noticed it a couple of times, all I can say is thank god she is presenting flower dies this week as the last time when they were doing the "Circle" and square frame dies I had to turn it off because it was annoying me so much.

I realise I am obviously very easily annoyed and nit picking but does it not bother anybody else?

Also Dawn Bibby can't say Tassle lol she says "Tazzle" arrghhh!!

Ok sorry, sorry, sorry......i'm gonna go before I offend anyone else.....You are all probably gonna jump on me and shout me down once again but i had to vent my frustration and see if anybody else noticed or was bothered?

Post Thanks / Like

Yes SF - totally unnecessary post imho. Wouldn't have responded but Jodie is a member on here and I wouldn't want her to think that she does all of our heads in! I enjoyed her show - thanks Jodie xx
    Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Can't say I have noticed... Mind you I don't watch C&C much these days

craftycat Guest

Doesn't especially bother me as I tend to mispronounce some words anyway. Bad spelling is my big irritation - "Tassle" for example. Didn't see the programme but guess you are talking about "tassels"
    Last edited by craftycat; 23-03-2013 at 09:18 AM.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post
    Likes 4 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post
    Yes SF - totally unnecessary post imho. Wouldn't have responded but Jodie is a member on here and I wouldn't want her to think that she does all of our heads in! I enjoyed her show - thanks Jodie xx
    Yes I am aware of that, now that I think of it! I did say that I didnt intend to offend......just had to vent. Maybe she is not aware that she does it? Perhaps she might thank me for pointing it out :) You never know!

I enjoyed the show too :) She is very talented and makes beautiful cards.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craftycat View Post
    Doesn't especially bother me as I tend to mispronounce some words anyway. Bad spelling is my big irritation - "Tassle" for example. Didn't she the programme but guess you are talking about "tassels"
    Ha Ha Ha! Good one CraftyCat, you are right indeed! :) But you see my point, everyone has their pet peeves.

Post Thanks / Like

Lol - I haven't noticed fiona, but there are lots of people who annoy me with certain things that they say. Marion who demos craft of QVC, for one, the amount of time she ays things like "Sandy done that one", "Caroline done that one", aarrgghh! "Done" - no! However, my own children are forever telling me off for mispronouncing "chocolate" - who can't pronounce a word like that? When they do an impression of me I can see what they mean, but in my own head, of course I'm right.
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

craftycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Stampin Fiona View Post
    Ha Ha Ha! Good one CraftyCat, you are right indeed! :) But you see my point, everyone has their pet peeves.
    Yes, maybe but I would not normally post to complain about such things. And I have actually edited my original post as I realised I had made a "typo" error.
    Likes 2 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craftycat View Post
    Yes, maybe but I would not normally post to complain about such things.
    Must be so nice to be you Craftycat :) I wish I was such a level headed and affable person. I however wanted to see if it bothered anybody else :) And like I said above, perhaps she in not aware that she is doing it. I am always happy when people help me with my spelling ,that is why I am so very happy that you corrected and helped me with my spelling of the word Tassel.....It is not a mistake that I shall make again :)

englishminx Guest

Never noticed it on the show, but then I tend to watch the shows for their crafting ability not their grasp of the English language. .... But then again that might be because I am common and can't pronounce anything correctly, so I am not in a position to comment ... you know the old saying people in glass houses blah blah. Right off back to my greenhouse I go :-)
    Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked for this post