Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Charity Help Our Troops

Post Thanks / Like

Default Charity Help Our Troops

I do not know much about this charity but they are asking for cards have posted the link if anybody who likes to make cards for charity.
    http://www.helpingourtroops.co.uk/#/...als/4551412614
    Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I send some of mine to a local co ordinator kinda like the shoebox appeal ... just a quick reminder for people not to use any glitter on cards , great cause though thanks for the link i'm sure i'll have a few i can send

craftycat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by agelesscraft View Post
    I do not know much about this charity but they are asking for cards have posted the link if anybody who likes to make cards for charity.
    http://www.helpingourtroops.co.uk/#/...als/4551412614
    As the site is not up to date, I've emailed the people concerned - twice. No reply though so won't be risking sending any cards to them. Shame as I would love to find some more outlets for charity cards
    Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked for this post

craftycat Guest

Had a lovely email this morning. Joy, one of the co-ordinators has been minus a computer for a couple of weeks. She is going to reply to me again with details of where to send cards. So, looks good

craftycat Guest

Me again, yes the address in the link is correct. So get making folks!! And thanks for the link in the first place ageless.

craftycat Guest

And another update from me, Joy has just emailed with this:
    "I just wanted to let you know that we do update the site when we have news to put on and in fact about 3 weeks ago we updated the card quantity and the stamp sales. We have really struggled to get people to join the site and when its renewal comes up later this year we will be changing to a new site. This s not the best one by far and we are very limited as to what we can do on it.

Would you please pop a message on it for me to let the ladies know we do update the site when we have news and also I will be more than happy to hear from anyone and advise them as to what we need.
    I might join the site so I can keep in touch personally but I dont have a lot of free time as you will appreciate and that's why I normally only get time to check my emails every other day."

Hi Joy if you are lurking!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks craftycat for checking this out and I will be making some cards to send.x

craftycat Guest

I've got some ready to send once the world stops having a long holiday weekend. It is lovely to have somewhere else to send cards to and I am especially glad to be able to support our armed forces again.
    Likes 1 Member(s) liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

:mysmilie_504:I just want to say hello and yes I have joined the forum so that I can thank people personally when they send cards to us for the troops. I will in the next few days be more than happy to answer any questions you may have about what can and cannot be sent regarding the cards or any other questions you may have about what we do. But to start with I would just like to say thank you so much to both Judith and Freda for their parcels. You have both sent a good selection of lovely cards, the Fathers Days cards will be going out early net month and all the others will be going out within the next 6 weeks or so. I have today received another package of cards but with no note in, so I have no idea who they have come from, it may be that they have come from someone who already sends but I do not really recognise the designs. I am having a stab in the dark here just in case they were sent by one of the ladies from here. If that is the case, thank you and please let me know. So once again thank you so much and I will try to pop on every day or every other day.
    Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked for this post

craftycat Guest

Hi there Hotcrafter, glad you joined us. Only one minor comment on your post. I am known as Craftycat around here, there is a forum member called Judith - not me.You were not to know that though. No big deal really!